“Incredible vfm!”
Review of Zoe Restaurant - CLOSED

Zoe Restaurant
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This bustling little restaurant on Upper Street in Islington is a cheerful and romantic French bistro with genuinely friendly staff and authentic, fresh food. The intimate dining room, which is decorated with tiled floors and blonde wooden furniture, is always buzzing with a jovial vibe. Everything from the fresh mint tea and baked bread to the reasonably priced menu make this a neighbourhood favourite, and is perfect for post-work, post-shopping and pre-theatre meals.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Went there tonight thanks to tripadvisor. For starters we had mussels and very nice they were too. After that it was duck, guinea fowl and kangaroo. Cooked to perfection and tasted fantastic. Fact: if this was Michelin starred it would be 80-100 pounds per head. Truth is its just a fantastic place serving food way beyond its price. Great service. I hope they can keep it up. With love, David and Danielle xx

1  Thank Theboydavido

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was early at Zoe because I was going to a concert at The Garage. The waiter was very chatty and as I heard him speaking to the other tables one was going to the same concert, another was going to the theatre - I seemed to have stumbled upon a perfect pre show venue. I can see why because as well as proximity my black pudding starter really got me in a good mood and the Sea Bream left me on a high. I enjoyed the waiter's conversation and will be back next time I have a concert at the Garage.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My women and I have been regulars here for a while, and it never fails to disappoint! The staff are very friendly and always eager to please. Food is delicious (and tastes even better with the tastecard discount!) and my lady's tendency to order off-menu is always accommodated with a smile! If you're looking for a relaxed, enjoyable evening with good food, give Zoe a try -- you won't regret it!
However probably worth avoiding peak times as when they are very busy, the service can be understandably a little slow.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We came across Zoe whilst looking for a restaurant in the area that accepted 'Tastecard', we are so glad we did. We hadn't booked as it was a short notice decision to eat before a gig, but we couldn't have been made more welcome by the owner. The service was friendly and attentive, despite being very early in the evening the restaurant quickly filled up and had a nice relaxed atmosphere, most importantly the food was wonderful, delicious and beautifully presented. We will be back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went to Zoe yesterday for the second time with my partner, and the quality of our dinner confirmed the crush we had for this intimate restaurant of Upper Street. While living in the area, it took us a couple of months before pushing the door. What a mistake! It is now with no doubt our favourite place close to home.

The scallops, served with truffle oil were stunning, the steak tartare was excellent and our main courses(we took the pork belly and the veal)left us with a large satisfied smile for the rest of the evening.

We felt welcomed, the service was perfect and I am already checking my agenda to book for the next time.