Connaught House Hotel London ExCeL
$288
$277
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslondon city airportno liftprince regent dlr stationpub downstairstop floordocklands arealovely little hotelattending an eventchain hotelsshort walksmall hoteltea and coffee facilitieseasy accesscomfortable bedideal locationpremier innclean rooms
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels and this is 1 of the outstanding ones great service great food and reat value for your money the staff are super friendly the rooms are very clean and spacious with everything you need even though right next to the airport I never heard a plane so I will be booking again

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel last minute after booking into the hotel opposite for Ride London. We decided to head down a night early and got a last minute rate of £59 which is silly cheap! We got to the hotel really late due to traffic and the staff were incredibly friendly. The room was incredibly clean and modern, with a very powerful shower, which was great! Parking is free which was a nice change and the breakfast was lovely, we ate there every morning. There is a great outdoor space with a swing and slide if you have children and I happily sat outside on my own having a glass of wine. It is right near the airport and of course you can't help but hear the noise if sat outside and you'd be silly to be annoyed when you've booked so close the the airport, but didn't notice it at all inside. It's stupidly close to the excel centre where my husband had to register for the ride and not far from the start line so was perfect for why we were there. The food and drink was very reasonably priced about £5.60 for a large wine and a good breakfast from 3.50 upwards!! We would definitely return again, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lisa-Lou-888
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Easy to find from Prince Regent DLR station. Very personal reception (by name - I was last to check in), comfortable room, spotlessly clean, great shower, very reasonably priced food, free wifi in the bar, extensive outside seating area. It was however one of the hottest days of the year and my room didn't have air conditioning, just a small portable fan, so I had to keep a window open and heard the traffic noise, otherwise I would have given it 'Excellent' 5 stars.

Room Tip: If hot ask for air conditioned room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Perfect hotel for use of the Excel exhibition centre which I recently used when racing in the London triathlon. Easily accessed even with the closed roads. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The price for the hotel was unbelievably cheap for its location. I had a suite that slept three which was way more than the usual shoe box type. Fully recommended and would use again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband was entering the London to Southend Bike Ride on Sunday and we decided to go up London on the Saturday and spend a family weekend prior to his departure Sunday morning. We didnt want to spend loads of money so searched for hotels in the Docklands area that sleeped 3 in one room. This hotel was reasonably placed at £119 for the room. We found the hotel easily - right next to The Excel and the car park was free, whereas you pay £10 a day to park in neighbouring hotels. My husband asked at reception if there was anywhere secure for him to store his bike overnight and we were informed that as we have a suite (Room 5) the room was large enough to accomodate the bike. He took us to the room and it was a Wow! moment. The room was extremely large with a double bed and a double sofa bed. There was a table and benches and sunken en-suite shower room (the shower was really powerful and refreshing). We had air conditioning in the room, along with tea and coffee making facilities and TV, trouser press, hairdryer. The room was newly decorated and spotless. It was very quiet throughout the night. We ate in the restaurant, which was excellent food and service and by showing our room card we received a 15% discount. Breakfast was not included, but again by showing the card we received the discount again. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 5 was the suite that slept 3.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family