Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nafula b
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Unreservedly Awful!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at this Holborn apartment and I would seriously recommend you cancel your reservations if it is not too late. Aside from the partners who run the business being unprofessional and dodgy, there is actually a clause on the contract which states that one is to accept the room as it was left by previous tenants. It was disgusting, and I could not believe decent human beings running an apparently upstanding business would lead their guests into such a dump. For the price I paid, that was truly appalling. Aside from the mess, the partners tried to swindle me out of my deposit claiming an extra charge because I paid in cash rather than via paypal. They proceeded to insult me (I was called stupid and retarded) in spite of them not being able to demonstrate where this extra fee was stated on our contract.
In summary, if you are going to spend a weekend in london, save yourself a headache and a health hazard, this is the last place you should pick.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: Service and cleanliness
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
May 23, 2013
Unfortunately this lady Fatuma from Sudan has a very poor command of the English language & is unable to understand the most simple of written instructions. Her review is full of lies & her extremely negative comments are in complete contrast to the highly positive opinions expressed about us in all other reviews on this website & other websites that we appear on. In fact many other reviewers have said that our online booking procedure & extra fee options are clear & easy to understand (no one else has ever tried to dispute any items on our contract). You can make your own mind up about who is telling the truth & who isn't!

Fatuma benefited from our extremely generous last-minute-discount of around 40%, so we got 60% of our normal income from her, but 10 times the trouble compared to our normal clients.

When completing our online form to book our flat, to cut costs, she purposefully chose the option to pay ZERO cleaning fee, instead of £35 for 3.5hour basic-tidy-up or £60 for 6hour full-professional-clean, therefore on her contract it was clearly written that the flat would be provided unclean, as the last tenant left it (unfortunately for her no cleaners in Central London will work for free, we no longer live in times of slavery). We strongly discourage all tenants from choosing this option to pay zero cleaning-fee, for obvious reasons, but Fatuma got what she asked for, so she has no right to complain about it.

She also chose the option to pay damage-deposit in cash rather than credit-card & this option has a check-out-fee of £20. Following Fatuma's aggressive complaint to my colleague Charlie, as a goodwill gesture he did not charge her this fee, so she got what she wanted, yet she continued to act in an abusive & threatening manner! She even called the police, but the officer just laughed at her telling her she has no grounds to complain.

Since the date of above review, we have improved our online-form & rental-contract, so that all the options & extra fees are even more clear than before. Meanwhile we recommend all other property managers & landlords to avoid any dealings with this lady Fatuma Baruza, otherwise they will end up regretting it, just like we did.

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing