“Not the place for a quiet date”

Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill
Ranked #5,798 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bavarian Beerhouse "Tower Hill"Bavarian Beerhouse "Tower Hill" opened in May 2010. Right opposite from Fenchurch Street rail station, and just 200 feet (50metres) from Tower Hill tube station, the new venue is located in the heart of the City. Spread over two levels (street level and basement), the Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill has room for 300 guests. Exposed brick walls, wooden floors and modern architecture in combination with traditional and modern Bavarian design elements give the venue a unique atmosphere, both inside and outdoors. Have you noticed our pink deer head at the bar? He is called Bruno!The Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill was a success from day one, tripling the revenue from it's former tenant - a Pitcher & Piano - within the first month. It attracts a mixed crowd of office workers, tourists, and those who simply enjoy the authentic German and Bavarian atmosphere. Locals and residents enjoy the weekend opening hours - Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill is open 7 days a week. Following the success of the first Bavarian Beerhouse Old Street (founded in December 2005), the Tower Hill venue offers the Bavarian Beerhouse’s typical unique combination of excellent food, outstanding service, great German beer and fantastic rustic atmosphere.The Bavarian Beerhouse’s Owners are proud of the success: “Opening a second Bavarian Beerhouse in London proves that the British love Bavarian food, drinks and entertainment. We have already met so many local neighbours and all gave us a warm welcome.”"Tower Hill" Tube StationNext tube station "Tower Hill" (Circle and District Line) Leave Trinity Square to your left and walk along Cooper's Row. You'll find Bavarian Beerhouse after 50 metres on the left (under the railway bridge)"Tower Hill" Train station / Railway Next train stations: Fenchurch Street / Tower Gateway (DLR)
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a great place if you want to drink steins of lager, eat sausage and shout at a crowd of friends. Fortunately that's exactly the experience I was looking for this Saturday for the Stag do.

Bench seating at long tables is the form. They even have German waitresses delivering huge steins to the table on demand. don't worry they have plenty of security on display to stop anything getting too far out of hand.

The spicy sausage platter with mash and sauerkraut is perfect for soaking up the beer but there's many other choices on the menu. If you want pork knuckle you need to order in advance but everything else is served swiftly and with a friendly smile.

Go, take friends, lots of friends, unlike the guy Saturday who'd taken his girlfriend...

1  Thank SuggyD
BavarianBeerhouse, Manager at Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear SuggyD,
thank you very much for your response and for telling us about your experience at our restaurant. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Bavarian Beerhouse and that we could meet your expectations concerning food, beer , service and atmosphere.
We hope that we can welcome you soon again for another great night.

Thanks again for your nice review.
Best wishes,
Bavarian Beerhouse Team.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Having been out to Docklands to try the "Emirates Airline" we arrived back at Tower Gateway and wanted a short break. Right under Fenchurch Street station so a bit dingy outside but inside is a pure Germanic beerfest. Traditionally dressed gorgeous girls and great German beer. We didn't eat - very simple German fair so nothing special

1  Thank Gary T

Dear Gary T,
thank you very much for your review and for letting us know about your experience in the Bavarian Beerhouse.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our restaurant and we hope to see you soon again.
Concerning the location I am happy to say that the bridge just got renewed and shines in new splendour now. ;-)

Thanks again for your review and best wishes from the Bavarian Beerhouse.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Not much to say as I only stopped in briefly for a pint, but found the German beer a welcome respite from all the British beer I had been having. Going to pay a little more for it, but I have no complaints (as someone else said, might as well get a pint rather than a half, if only for the prices alone). Pint of Krombacher was very refreshing. I would come back with friends and stop for a meal if I was in the area.

1  Thank GregorMcNutty
BavarianBeerhouse, Manager at Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear GregorMcNutty,
thank you very much for your nice review and for telling us about your experience in our restaurant. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our beer and we would love to welcome you soon again when you happen to be in this area.

Warm regards,
the Bavarian Beerhouse Team

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I visited after reading reviews and I was so disappointed. We basically ended up paying 65 pounds for sausage and mash with a couple of drinks. We both concluded that the mash wasn't fresh, it looked smelt and tasted like smash I was starving but left most of my meal. It was very expensive as well. On the plus side the waiting staff were very attentive.

1  Thank sukylou

Dear sukylou,
thank you very much for your review. I appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your experience as it is very helpful for us in order to be able to constantly improve our service.
I am very sorry that we could not meet your expectations with regards to the food. I already talked to our kitchen to make sure that the quality of the mash will be improved.
I anyway hope that you could enjoy your stay in our restaurant and I hope we might get a second chance to show you that we can do better.

Thanks again for your review and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food, especially the chicken, staff very friendly and active. The big plus was for their beer it was very tasty and cold

1  Thank Sb978201
BavarianBeerhouse, Manager at Bavarian Beerhouse Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Sb978201,
thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your experience in the Bavarian Beerhouse.
I am especially glad that you enjoyed your time at our restaurant and hope that we can welcome you soon again.