“Very professional and enjoyable”

Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca
Ranked #1,024 of 23,030 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: A stylish Italian dining retreat in Westminster, Gustoso Ristorante and Enoteca is the sister restaurant of Al Duca and Osteria dell'Angolo in London. A diverse selection of dishes prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients are served up on the menu, with popular choices including deep fried squid with N'duja and roasted peppers, Tagliolini with Cornish crab sweet chilli and garlic, slow cooked pork belly with apple sauce and sauteed broccoli, and our delicious Tiramisu. The bar is an ideal place for a pre-dinner aperitif, or a relaxed after-work drink with colleagues.
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Very professional and enjoyable”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took my Mum out for dinner here the other evening, and we both agreed taht it was very good, having a Venetian father I know a great deal about Italian food/restaurants here in UK and more so in Venice and Italy. We found Gustoso, to be professionally run as was the service and the food presentation and taste, the wine list etc excellent. It reminded me of a few Ristorante/Enoteca I have been in before in Italy.
Well done to the manager and all the staff. I will be back.

London
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited Ristorante Gustoso last night with a friend and had a really excellent meal! The service was very good from start to finish, attentive but in no way did we feel rushed at all. We both had specials for starters- mine was a aubergine/pepper/mozzarella combo which was heavenly. I asked the waiter to choose his personal favourite main and he selected calves livers with broccoli and bacon- I wasn't sure I would like as I'm not a massive fan of liver but it was to die for! Seriously good food. We shared a slice of cake with ice cream for dessert, all of that plus a bottle of wine for £40 per head- great value in our option based on the quality of the food. Location is 5mins walk from Victoria station so couldn't be better placed. We're going back as soon as possible!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as good as it was”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

That really says it. This restaurant began well, but is losing some of what put it high on the list in a restaurant-challenged area. I could say a lot more, but no time. Nice people.

Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

On the positive side, service was friendly and good and the ambience pleasant. But the food wasn't anything special.
I started with aubergine parmigiana. This came in a little ramekin. it tasted predominantly of the chopped tomato topping and didn't seem to feature cheese at all. My main dish was a rather small portion of lasagne, heavy on the pasta with little filling. It came smothered in chopped tomato which made it disappointingly similar to my starter in flavour.
My partner fared better with his calamari starter - really very good. He was less impressed with the pork belly - just a plate of meat which he didn't bother to finish because it was so fatty. The mixed salad which we shared was fine.
All vegetables have to be ordered separately and we thought it rather expensive overall. We certainly don't mind paying for decent food but this really wasn't that satisfactory. Although resident in the area, neither of us feels inclined to go back. There are better places locally.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jan L
london
“A real gem by far the best restaurant in Victoria. One of London's Top Italian Restaurants”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant about four times over the last month. Last night I took a party of 7 there and we had by all accounts a spectacular meal.

Bread/service/ambiance all excellent.

The restaurant is comfortable and all of the dishes I have eaten are amazing.

I had the pork last night - which was really nice and a massive portion. Probably too much.

Deserts lovely too.

We had quite a bit to drink and all had three courses. It came to £55 each - which is brilliant considering the top flight quality of the food.

They have another restaurant in Victoria - called Osteria Del Agnolo - this is also amazing but has less ambiance. It has better wine list though.