“very good Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: A stylish Italian dining retreat in Westminster, Gustoso Ristorante and Enoteca is the sister restaurant of Al Duca and Osteria dell'Angolo in London. A diverse selection of dishes prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients are served up on the menu, with popular choices including deep fried squid with N'duja and roasted peppers, Tagliolini with Cornish crab sweet chilli and garlic, slow cooked pork belly with apple sauce and sauteed broccoli, and our delicious Tiramisu. The bar is an ideal place for a pre-dinner aperitif, or a relaxed after-work drink with colleagues.
london
“very good Italian food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

nice room. friendly service. Very good food. Excellent value for Central London, Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank chris t

Olomouc, Czech Republic
“Great!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We loved that restaurant! We went there based on tripadvisor ratings and were not disappointed. We didn't make any reservation but the owner was so nicee and find us a nice table even if the restaurant was full. The food was great with a real taste of Italy. We were recommended wine which turned out to be the perfect match with the food and the mood. It's a really great place. We'll come back definitely.

1 Thank JaSon7344
Oxted, United Kingdom
“Not bad but ...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I feel I'm writing against the prevailing tide of opinion here so I'll keep it short. This restaurant is airy, light and comfortable to be in. The tables aren't crammed together. The staff are charmingly Italian. When we visited, there were Italian-looking people popping into the bar-area for a few Stuzzichini which added to the authentic feel.

But, I felt the whole was less than the sum of the parts. The food was OK, but my choices were very oily. Mrs B thought her pasta dish talked better than it walked. Most of the mains were in the £10-£20 range which isn't too bad for London. However over £7 for a G&T (which of course is also subject to the 12.5% "optional" service charge) does add to the bill. The house white was good though and reasonably priced, and wine is available in a range of carafe sizes too.

I still left feeling unfulfilled, and if not exactly hungry then a bit oily on the insides. I might give it another go sometime, but wouldn't make a special trip. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

3 Thank BungeeBill
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited Gustoso with a group of 10 people, for a dinner with colleagues and customers. The staff was extremely welcoming and attentive during our entire meal. The food and wine were excellent and everyone in our group was very pleased. The decor was very nice and it the restaurant was quiet enough were we could all hear each other and have a great evening. As others have commented, the restaurant is on a side street, very close to Victoria train station. I will return on my next trip to London.

1 Thank anols
JAYv2
“Not your run of the mill Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I wasn't involved with the booking of the restaurant, which we visited for my Mother's 50th birthday. It did, on every level exceed expectation. The staff were pleasant, the food and wine were superb and I was delighted to try the Affogato al caffe’ (Vanilla ice cream with espresso), which sounds like an odd combination but worked brilliantly (for the record, I can't stand cold coffee). The meal was rounded off nicely with Grappa, which is a must for the Italian feast we all had.

I was surprised that the restaurant wasn't busier for a weekend, hopefully it will pickup for them as it's a great venue. I'll very much be visiting again when I'm back in the area.

1 Thank JAYv2