“Authentic italian cuisine with lovely staff- linda m”
Review of Casa Roberta - CLOSED

Casa Roberta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Best Hotels in Italy Directory. Visit our website to book the best hotels in Italy. We have handpicked the best in each and every region of Italy Book with us to get the freebies and best discounts which are exclusively reserved for the customers of Allinitalian. In the website you can also find the best wedding planner, italian language schools in Italy and the best Italian restaurants
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic italian cuisine with lovely staff- linda m”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This small restaurant offers relaxed dining throughout the day with attentive and friendly staff. A fairly limited menu but cooked with passion and attention to detail. A welcome relief after the many chains operating in the area with inferior food and much higher prices. An excellent local restaurant which deserves to be popular and successful. Chef's specials change daily and the restaurant is now licensed. Home made gnocchi is very good and the seafood sauce has a good depth of flavour. I intend to become a regular as I have been so impressed with the service and warm atmosphere. Very reasonable prices too.

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A Good Addition to St Mary's Road”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

St Mary's Road in Ealing has gathered another place to eat and a good one at that. This is a small restaurant close to the Ealing Studios. It offers a small menu but does have daily specials. The heart of the food is Roman reflecting the owner's origins. There are fixed price menus as well, such as occurred at Easter. Wine is also restricted in terms of options but what is offered is good and fits with the food.

With the low prices it represents a far better alternative that some of the faster food chains that abound. Go and try and have a chat with the friendly owner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SueKot
Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“honest good italian”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

i wento to casa Roberta with my family for a pizza with friend and we were pleasently surprised! very good pizza baked in a wood fired oven for a very cheap price. nice ambience remainding my native italy.Above all we had a very nice evening ending with a great tiramisu' and caffe and grappa. nice and warm service.definetelly ill be back

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank marika c
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

this is a hard review to write because the waiter / owner seems very nice, but we had major problems with our first experience at Casa Roberta.

Attracted by an advert on their webiste for 3 courses for £12, and by the reviews on here we went along to this local eaterie.

First off some major issues with the restaurant itself. It was freezing, too bright and there is no inside toilet. there are no radiators on any walls, and the heat is provided (failingly) by plug in radiators.

To get to the toilet you have to go into the kitchen entrance, out into a dark passageway, then into the freezing outside toilet.. My wife grazed her thumb on the way back in because it was so dark (is this even legal?!)

So onto the meal. As I said, friendly guy, some chat and nice welcome. We asked about the set meal and was told it was starter and main - I didn't question that it said 3 courses on the website, as this felt awkward.

The wine was very good - but the wine list has only 3 red and 3 white.

The food was very average. Sorry - but can bruschetta be served on untoasted bread? Can the tomatoes on the bruschetta contain no basil, no garlic?

My starter was OK - anchovies and cheese on toast, but the topping only covered half the bread?

Onto mains, and I went for the Tripadvisor recommended lasagne. My wife has aubergines in a tomato sauce. The lasagne was very poor. Too much sauce and not enough bite. It ended up near the end like a soup. My wife can make better and she is from London.

My wife said her food was not good. No seasoning in the tomato sauce again. Thankfully some salt and pepper arrived which we duly used.

By this stage were were frozen cold (one couple was eating dinner in their coats), my wifes thumb was stinging and we had just had a very very average meal. I was so disappointed that I couldn't be bothered arguing about the dessert that was supposed to be included. There are better options locally, and you might want to check the "scores on the doors". Casa Roberta really does "require improvement."

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Geoggy08
Harrow, United Kingdom
“lovely new italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

have visited this lovely small restaurant twice since it opened last year. Roberta the owner has created a cosy family style restaurant serving authentic freshly made dishes from her roots in Rome and it is simply delightful. Roberta is friendly and always happy to chat to customers. The food is excellent and the restaurant has a lovely atmosphere. On both visits Roberta created special tasting menus but I will definitely return to try out the main menu

• Visited February 2013