“Quality pies”

Ranked #4,656 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Holborn
Description: Leather Lane was one of Pieminister's first pie and mash cafes and it's still going strong today. Leather Lane is a great spot for lunch and a place to re-fuel for the day. There's plenty of seating and you can eat in or take-away. As well as serving 16 award-winning classic pies, you can also get a variety of sides, hot pots, snacks and more.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We opted to take our pies home and bake them in the oven. They were very good. We had a chicken pie and a goats cheese pie and both of them had good flavour in the filling and an excellent crust with integrity. The pies held up to being picked up and eaten by hand, while not being too dense.

We also had a sausage roll. It was not as good as the pies, but was still a lot better than you get at most places.

The lady at the counter was very knowledgeable and helpful and gave excellent service. We will certainly visit again and would recommend it to others.

2  Thank tombillinge

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Great place I go every time I'm in London so tasty love the Moo pie with gravy and a friendly bunch also at Borough market

1  Thank The_romantic
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I ventured into this quaint little pie shop on Leather Lane not quite knowing what to expect... It was outstanding. Although at the top end of what I’d be willing to pay for a lunch, it was ideal for a `once a week’ visit (although I have been frequenting the place a lot more recently). The staff were very friendly and the selection of pies was immense (about 15 i n all including a good selection of veggie options... not that I condone that sort of thing). I’d probably best describe this place as a posh take on traditional English grub... well worth a visit and good to see they are expanding into other cities too!

1  Thank Dave U
Reviewed June 8, 2013

On a bit of a beer session we took this in on a Friday evening

As ever my Matador Pie was great, with mash, peas and a pint of Bath Ales
Great surroundings, although the toilet was a bit strange

Love this place!

1  Thank THEBFB
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just love these tasty little pies. They're all titled with cool names such as the Matador, Heidi, Kate and Sidney and pietanic. They may be small but don't be fooled, they're completely gorgeous and very filling. My favourite is the peahock, it is DELICIOUS!

1  Thank HollieW88