Open today: 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Review Highlights
Great pub, well worth a quick pit stop!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $62.60
from $43.00
from $19.60
More Info
All reviews beer pumps great fun bar staff waterloo technology gin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant pub with a great variety of beers on tap. Very spacious with a massive upstairs area which can be reserved; this also has a bar although the beer selection is limited. The clientel are mainly after-workers, but largely friendly! The bar staff were good for a chat and quick to serve.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Booked a table with an iPad and beer tap in front of a screen for the football. Loads of screens to have a good view but the beer tap on the table only had cider as the budweiser was off and on the beer wall there was only 13 Hop House available to pour yourself so not much choice if you wanted to pour your own pint (I know it's just a novelty but this is half the reason we went). Were however able to order any drink and food on the ipad to be brought to your table and this service was pretty quick. Would go back for a big game.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Just really unforgivable that even if it's quiet that all the staff just talk there language and drink when i say drink I mean really drink at the end of the bar. I do like the pub and staff but it should be diffrent London is multicultural but when working there should be something in place who knows maybe just me.............

Thirsty_Bear_Mngmt, Owner at The Thirsty Bear, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hi Craig, we instruct all of our staff to speak in English with our customers and in front of them as well.

We are proud that we employ staff from all sorts of backgrounds and countries and embrace multiculturalism; but English is the expected language when at work.

We do encourage our staff to socialise with one another off-shift but again I expect a level of professionalism so I will be looking into this matter.

Would you please drop me an email at ali@thethirstybear.com to discuss your experience further please. Thanks, Ali (owner)

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Small but quality selection of draft beers. Well kept and clean interior and lovely atmosphere both when quiet and busy. Subtly placed tvs, dartboard and plenty of comfortable seating. Very nice.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Didn’t know what to expect here but popped in. It is a self serve place where you can order beer and food from an iPad and self serve at the table. It’s grubby and needs a good clean but the concept itself is ok.

1  Thank rockontommyrut
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Simples...

10 quid beer n burger deal is awesome. I didnt think it would be but i was wrong. Great ale beautiful chicken burger and lovely handcut homemade potato wedges. Nice atmosphere close to Southwark and Waterloo stations. Great novelty of ordering your beer by ipad from your table. Great for group meet ups. Friendly staff all round great place to go. London needs more like this

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We sat upstairs at a table for a large group... the table felt sticky and the iPad to order from was dirty e.g dried BBQ sauce on the back of it. The whole place generally feels a little grubby.

I had the lunchtime burger deal.. the wedges it came with were pretty disgusting, felt like they’d been fried and left for ages/maybe even reheated as they were dark in colour and had absolutely no crisp or crunch to them. The burger itself (I had veggie) was like a fried frozen patty - not particularly pleasant.

The service was quick and the staff were pleasant and friendly, however I probably wouldn’t return due to the above - sorry!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Wow, what a great place! We stopped in enroute to Borough Market on a Friday night. Had a couple of gin and tonics that were amazing!! So good that by the time we left, the market was closed :). Well worth it as the service was great and the drinks were even better. Just wish i knew how to make the one with grapefruit, as i cant find their cocktail menu on their website...

1  Thank ustraveler11
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

When visiting the thirsty bear with friends I couldn’t fault the ‘morning after burger’ I ordered!
However ordering via the iPad on our tables and whilst discussing the ‘pull your own pint’ on the table seemed a rather large ordeal for one member of staff. I can only describe him as a small, slender male with a polished bald head. He came across rather rude and almost as if we were troubling him.
Food 10/10. Customer service 4/10

1  Thank popbxx
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Handy pub to call into on route from Waterloo. Although there was a lack of ales available on the day we visited the bar man went the extra step. He clearly thought the pint was not up to scratch as we had already sat down and said pint was being drink when he came over said that pint is not right in really sorry I'll change it for something else. That's never happened before and we were impressed! The burgers that were coming out looked good and there were plenty of people there during the lunchtime. Would call in again.

Thirsty_Bear_Mngmt, Owner at The Thirsty Bear, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to feedback. I am glad that you felt we went that extra mile for you and apologies we didn't have a full selection on when you dropped in. We rotate regularly and always try to source something more interesting where we can do so please do pop back in again to see us.