“BRILL!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After me and my girlfriend were half an hour late, it was no problem at all once we arrived. We were told when booking the meal that we had to be out by 9pm but as we only got there at 8 they didn't actually ask to leave for 9. We both had the fillet steak and it was absolutely delicious! Well worth £13 as it was quite big, but really tender. We also ordered chips and mash for sides, and both were lovely. Service was also really good, we were never waiting long for anything, and even though the restaurant was packed the staff were always on hand. Would definitely recommend, and we will be going back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Roxie Steak - Fulham

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Kind and gentle service, little menu which means do a little but do it good. The fillet medium rare cooked was AMAZING.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I would have to agree with the previous two reviews. I had a meal in this restaurant with my wife and had my 6month old daughter in a pram with us. She slept throughout. I was in London for 1 night and originally wanted to eat at 8pm. I was told via an email that I could only eat at 6 through to 7.30 as due to the restaurant being extremely busy little ones had to vacate the premises by 7.30pm. On arrival we were the only 2 people in the restaurant. By 7.30 more had arrived but it certainly wasn't extremely busy. At the end of the meal I queried with staff the change of time and they said it was policy due to health and safety. This then should be reflected in their licence if it isn't child friendly and should certainly be well advertised on their website. The welcome from staff was average at best and service not much better. Food was good but I certainly wouldn't rate as no.30 in London. Doesn't say much then for the remaining 11,600. The bill was expensive and they then had a brass neck to add a £10+ service charge. This I don't believe in as it should be at the customers discretion to decide how their good or bad their experience was and tip accordingly. All in all a disappointment and I have to say I wouldn't rush back on my next visit to London.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Food was ok. Steak was either frozen and then defrosted or cooked when it was cold, it had a very metallic taste and was not good. I ate with my wife and my father and he didn't finish his fillet steak which is probably the best review of the restaurant!!
We ordered the fried courgettes which were probably the best thing we ate.
the chips were average, skin on chips ugh. the tomato salad was so old that it tasted of nothing.
the atmosphere was ok, more pub than restaurant though.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

food is delicious, service terrible. Brought same drinks twice, cheese forgotten, sleepwalking staff, service charge £5, ate for £46, gave £51 to get a fiver back. Then stack of coins (including an Isle of Man coin!), staff hoping to extort another tip. Regret I gave them £5 service charge, doesn't even say anywhere on the menu whether the service fee goes to staff or not. Judging by the way I got £5 in a stack of coins .. it does not. Not likely I will go back with that disgruntled service.