“Delightful spot!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Berkeley, California
“Delightful spot!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I loved this restaurant... great food and friendly service at good prices. I had one of the best steaks I've had in ages. What more can one ask?

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank WarwickMay

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great steak, great value, good service, nice decor.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The wife and I popped in for an early dinner on a quiet wintery Monday. The menu is limited, simple and steak focussed - perfect if you're in the mood for steak but not much use if you're a veggie or a fish lover!

My wife had the mixed grill; fillet steak & boerewors with sides of mash & mushrooms and a peppercorn sauce, I had the mixed strips a side of double cooked fries and the béarnaise sauce. Everything was very good - excellent.

The desert menu isn't particularly inspiring but I would imagine they would have been solid though as we were already pretty stuffed we passed.

Including a small glass of wine, a diet coke and service the tab ran me 55 quid.

Service was friendly and I really liked the decor.

Looking forward to my next visit, hope this helps.

1 Thank slj_10
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Roxie (and sister restaurant Fyre in Earlsfied) are really really fantastic. Perfect for a girls night out, a date night, lunch with the kids (they have a great kids menu) or a lazy Sunday lunch. The ambience is lovely, the decor is welcoming and comfortable and the service has always been attentive and friendly but never intrusive. Lovely touches like a carafe of water on the table without asking.

The food exceeds expectations - it is always outstanding, well presented and delicious. Portions are generous (particulalry the sides - fries, courgettes, green beans, mashed potato to die for etc). The steaks are Roxie's piece de resistance but the menu has some very good fish, chicken and veggie alternatives.

The wine list is spot on - some lovely well priced options and also a "premium" selection if you'd prefer.

The teams at Roxie and Fyre have really hit the nail on the head - keep it up and we will keep coming back for more!

3 Thank LyndsayDeeves
London, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great Steak restaurant at great value. The Ribeye and Fillet which I've ordered over 15 times is always cooked perfectly, the meat quality is great, the sides are always bang on as well. This place is as good as, if not better than Sophie's Steak House further up the Road in Chelsea. Don't expect a huge menu for food or wines as the idea is steak, burger and solid red wines. It delivers everytime whether there with my girlfriend or for a boys dinner. My favourite local.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Guestjnr
London, United Kingdom
“Great Steak at an excellent price.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I love the steak here, I go often and it's always cooked perfectly. The sides are all yummy, good drink selection, excellent value. Definitely my favorite local!

1 Thank Krysti_13