“very reasonable prices”

Ranked #462 of 1,622 Quick Bites in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 3, 2019

I spent an entire morning drinking bottomless coffee with a vegetarian breakfast while surfing the net and enjoying free wifi. I was joined by my wife, who had spent time at a nearby super market,who also indulged in bottomless Latte.

Reviewed March 2, 2019

This pub is a little cheaper than most Wetherspoons but it has a nice heritage with it having been a theatre originally. Friendly staff.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

This was the chosen venue for a rendezvous with an old friend from my college days one Friday evening recently. It was the second of five Wetherspoon’s pubs I visited in London that weekend. I arrived around 6:30 in the evening and I was dismayed to see that it was packed. My friend had forgotten to reserve a small table so that we could eat, drink and watch the start of the 6 Nations Rugby tournament in relative comfort. So, instead I enjoyed my first pint or two at the bar chatting with some of the colourful characters that frequent these East End drinking establishments. Eventually we found a table to share sit around with a decent enough view of a small TV screen.

What I enjoyed about this pub was the total informality and good natured atmosphere. This is definitely a place to chat to fellow drinkers and have serious conversations about the state of 6 Nations rugby. And being a Wetherspoon’s pub you can rely on reasonably priced beer and wines & good quality, decently priced food. Somewhere during the evening we got peckish and ordered the fish and chips with mushy peas. Delicious!

Reviewed January 31, 2019

We had two very nice lunches here. Fish and chips once and Haloumi another day. Food was fresh, hot, delicious! Service was service...not bad, not great. I would definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank SteaksMom
Reviewed January 21, 2019

Myself and wife went there for breakfast, it was stone cold, when I asked for a cup for tea, I was given a paper cup, the server said she didn’t have any mugs left but if I really wanted she would get some from the other section.

There was another guy on another table who also said his food was cold and left it and walked out.

I went back to the bar to complain but nobody was available and we needed to catch a train so couldn’t wait.

The wasn’t just a bit cold, it was stone cold!!!

Date of visit: January 2019