“Pleasant enough ”

Ranked #462 of 1,622 Quick Bites in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Took a trip out to this Spoons whilst in London for the weekend. A very nice looking bar that has some history to it. Pleasant outdoor seating area and decent service. A reasonable place and competitive price.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner, ordered and got our food quickly which was nice. However I went to get two more drinks for us and came up to a bartender, asked for a regular Pepsi and Diet Pepsi. He then returned and said “Pepsi max and regular”. I told him I asked for Diet and he argued with me that it’s the same thing. I told him I didn’t like Pepsi max hence asking for Diet and he continued to speak to me like an idiot. There are clearly separate signs for both drinks, and really, if they only have the one, I feel like the staff should have said that in advance instead of assuming and then getting upset when I asked for what I actually ordered. Having enough of his crap, I said fine I’ll pay for them since you poured them already, and he then presumed to grab the one and shout at me saying “no, next time know what you want before you order”. How does that make sense? He was incredibly disrespectful about something ridiculous as well. The pub might be nice but t have staff be rude and treat someone like they’re stupid is a bit sad. I hope management is stricter with who they hire because no one needs to be talked down to, especially over something trivial like a soda.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Simply ordered curry chips with extra cheese. My food came there was no cheese I asked for there to be cheese. Instead of sorting the order out, they walked around for 10 mins without taking away the food so it just went cold. They came back with the receipt and told me that I didn’t order cheese. When I clearly did, the man I ordered the food off blamed me for not ordering cheese. When he even went and asked the manager at the time of ordering if I could have cheese. I really don’t care about cheese that much. It was the way staff went around it. Blaming me for not going behind the bar and adding it on to my order myself. I in the end request a refund, when I got to the table there was a plate of cheese? Confusing to say the least. And particularly the man who I was served by with blonde hair seemed not to care in the least and lied straight to my face, And he refused to take any responsibility or apologise. As someone who works in hospitality I can not to for the life of me see how you can treat customers in such a way. Absolutely horrible way to treat Anyone never mind a customer that you are employed to serve. Disgusting.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Allana L
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

The barmaid misheard our order and argued with us before we agreed to have two glasses of the same wine rather than those which we had asked for. Then we were given an incorrect chilli con carne topping on one jacket potato instead of being given two potatoes with beans and cheese. Then our friends were not given two plates of fries which they ordered, a mistake which was brought to the manager’s attention but they still did not rectify. Really disappointing and uncomfortable experience. Rude, argumentative staff. Such a shame cause it’s lovely inside.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff service was good very busy place didn’t have too wait long for a table main course was nice the desert was lush will definitely be coming back again

Date of visit: March 2018