“Tapas Hen Do”

Rachel's Kitchen
Ranked #36 of 166 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From private classes to corporate events, Rachel's Kitchen offers fun, informative and delicious cookery classes in East Finchley, London (15 minutes from King's Cross on the Northern Line).
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We came to Rachel's Kitchen for my friend's hen do. The bride-to-be loves Spanish food so I asked Rachel if we could cook tapas? She gave us a fantastic menu which we were able to tweak to suit our needs. I was able to pay securely via Paypal and Rachel was really helpful and flexible to help fit in with our plans for the weekend.
On the day we arrived to a fantastic venue with a great team of staff to help with the cooking and clearing away. Rachel is an excellent teacher and demonstrated lots of complicated techniques with ease. We all thoroughly enjoyed the class and took away some great tips for cooking at home. After the class we sat down in our private dining room to eat all the delicious food we'd cooked.
All in all an unforgettable experience and one I would highly recommend to friends and family for any number of occasions or just if you want to learn to cook some really tasty food!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a very pleasant afternoon learning to cook macaroons. The instruction from Rachel was clear and at a nice pace and there was a friendly atmosphere, so that even those who had no clue (including me and my mates) were still welcomed. Working as a team it was an unpressurised and relaxed class and the champagne at the end of the day was a nice touch. Proudly took home a nice collection of goodies which looked great and were edible. A great central location and certainly for me, something fun and different to do on a rainy afternoon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

As someone who isn't a great fan of sushi, or at least wasn't before attending Rachel's sushi making course, I wasn't sure what to expect. In a small environment of 12 people Rachel made the whole experience light hearted and enjoyable. Mixing humour with knowledge was the perfect recipe for a throughly enjoyable evening. Since going to the class, my girlfriend and I have made sushi at home. The food tastes great and the art we have created, well that still needs working on. Thanks Rachel. We will be back and we will bring friends too.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My friends and I booked to attend Rachel’s Macaroon class on a Saturday, as an alternative activity for meeting up. Wow! Great fun, professional, learnt a lot and Rachel was fantastic. I am not a particularly “kitchen friendly” kind of person, but really enjoyed the class, and even I was able to produce macaroons that were edible! Rachel’s patience, professionalism, expertise not to mention value for money was amazing, and we would all try out another of her classes in the future.
Thanks Rachel, we had great fun.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

For my birthday my friend arranged a cooking afternoon with Rachel. It was great to have such individual attention. There were just the two of us and Rachel had requested before what we would like to make. I have never made a decent sponge cake so that was top of my list, my chum Jackie struggled with pastry so we made a treacle tart. We also made chocolate brownies - just for the fun of it :-) All turned out beautifully and we learnt some great skills. Rachel was patient with us and it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Would thoroughly recommend. Have now had a spend up on Amazon updating my baking equipment :-)