“Goes too fast”

Emirates Air Line Cable Car - Royal Docks
Ranked #56 of 1,651 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Emirates Air Line crosses the River Thames between Greenwich Peninsula and the Royal Docks, just five minutes from the O2 by North Greenwich Tube station. Cabins arrive every 30 seconds and flights are approximately 10 minutes each way.
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Goes too fast”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The cable car goes too quick to take in all the views of London, it certainly doesn't justify the charge for using it

Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
Melksham, England, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great views of London an experience not to be missed.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We went on the Emirates Cable Cars from the Royal Docks to the O2 one Saturday. It wasn't busy so the 3 of us were quite comfortable in our car with 3 others.

The journey time is short lasting only a few minutes but the experience is one not to be missed with great views of the Thames Barrier and many more iconic sights of London.

After spending some time in the O2 we got the bus to Greenwich market and spent a couple of hours there before returning and taking our return flight back to the Royal Docklands. We ended up with our own private car going back and it seemed a little more scary as the ladies moved around to take pictures. Still great experience and worth every penny!

I must add great customer service as well - I'd not taken my Oyster Card but was only charged the Oyster Card return fair which I thought was excellent.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 224 helpful votes
“great views of the river thames”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travelled with my daughter when staying nearby. It is a lot cheaper if you use your oyster card so worth getting one as you can get a refund at the end of your london trip. I bought a 10 ticket pass and it was about £15. My daughters ticket with the oyster was £1.90 each way. There was about 6 of us in the cable car and it was nice and chilling.
Visited the next morning to travel on it again and it was closed due to high winds. I think its a once been thing though. If you get on at royal docks you get off just by the O2 arena. THere is a subway station there so you can just get the cable car one way. There is also a DLR stop at Royal Docklands too.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank charlie_dog
Glasgow
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Flying High”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a very enjoyable cable-car ride over the river. You get great views of the whole Canary Wharf area, O2, etc. I went quite early on Sunday morning and it wasn't busy, so I got a whole car to myself (they take up to 8 people and it would cost £85 to book a private car.) I had no plans to visit the exhibition at the other end so opted for the round trip and was given a wrist band to show. I had a daily travel pass and got on at a reduced rate. All in all, very good fun.

Visited March 2013
Bengaluru, India
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Seems Frightening, but not quite!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great ride across the River at 295 Meters altitude. Moving at speeds hardly 10 MPH, its quite good to catch a good spot of sighting. As the freezing waters flow beneath, the birds keep flying up above and sometimes around your cabin, the odd plane takes off right above you from the LCY airport... you can be still inside the clean, neat cabins and enjoy great views of the O2, the Wharf buildings, Boats, The Excel Centre and many more...
Even if you are alone, one does not feel insecure at any moment, because as in an aircraft, warning messages that sound very reassuring keep coming up.
In every way, a great Emirates Branding exercise.

Visited March 2013