“Well informed and well fed”

East London Wine School - Day Classes
Ranked #10 of 184 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent Wine School offering tastings and courses for all levels, located in the heart of the City of London. Our style is informal, unstuffy and relaxed, and our customers learn while enjoying themselves and having a good social experience. We also specialise in corporate and private tastings and team events to suit your own requirements.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was a red letter day gift, as it appeared it was for many attending the day's tutored tasting and lunch. Ian who runs the school provides all the required information to get to the hotel venue very near Aldgate tube station or Tower Hill. You are met at the door and the tutoring takes place in a 'board room' in the Chamberlain Hotel. Ian doesn't make it complicated! In fact he debunks most of the pretention and myths about wine concentrating on the lighter and enjoyable aspects of the 12 wines and regions you tase over the day. The session runs from 11.30 - 16.30. Champagne and white wine befor lunch red wines afterwards (no desert at lunch to spoil the reds!). An enjoyable session for novices and those with knowledge already. A wine book as a parting gift and excellent value for money.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"teacher"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Excellent evening with Ian at the East London Wine School. Taught me and my girlfriend the groundwork for being able to distinguish various tastes in wine as well as why certain regions offer certain fine wines. Ian couldn't be stumped on the questions I had for him, which were quite a few!! We ended up bonding with those around us as well as the fine wines brought us all warmly together. I really recommend East London Wine School.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I bought my boyfriend for his birthday the 8 week world wine tasting course and it turned out to be the best present!
It had taken me ages to research wine tasting courses and to find one that was affordable but also informative. Because I work away from home occasionally there was an issue of missing 2 of the classes during the 8 week course. Not a problem, we are able to pick up the classes we missed on the next course for no extra charge.

Each class was informative and good fun, Ian made the classes relaxed and informal and was happy to answer all your questions and listen to all your opinions on the wine.

We have been so taken with the course and enjoyed it so much we are now looking into doing another wine tasting course at the East London Wine School.

I really can't recommend it enough!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I don't know much about wine but I know I really like it. So this experience was perfect for me-all about trying wines and having fun- no know-it-all's or snobbish opinions. It was interesting and educational (bite size bits between wine- nothing too heavy!). Obviously appealed to a wide variety of folk- the younger and the more mature atendees all seemed to enjoy it equally from girls on a night out, guys straight from work on a Friday, lots of groups of friends and couples of all ages. Not a raucous booze fest- though samples are generous and definitely enough to get a warm glow on by the end of the evening! Certainly the funnest Friday we've had in a long time- we'll def keep on eye on what else east London wine school has to offer:-) Cheers, Ian. Claire and Andrew