“Informative and fun”

East London Wine School - Day Classes
Ranked #10 of 187 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent Wine School offering tastings and courses for all levels, located in the heart of the City of London. Our style is informal, unstuffy and relaxed, and our customers learn while enjoying themselves and having a good social experience. We also specialise in corporate and private tastings and team events to suit your own requirements.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've done a few wine tasting courses before which were enjoyable but this was the first time I felt like I really learnt something that I'll remember afterwards. We did the Burgundy, Loire and Rhone - 2 hour evening course. Ian was extremely knowledgeable and made us feel very welcome. The evening's structure was very good and the timing felt just right. I think the link between the wines and the context the information was put in really helped me to learn and take something away from this evening. I would definitely recommend as a fun and informative evening out.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"teacher"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I don't alway write reviews but I really feel that Ian deserves it. I took the wset level 2 wine course with east London wine school and had an excellent time. Ian was very knowledgeable and more importantly, he's an excellent instructor. Polite, passionate and all in all a great teacher.

Would recommend to anyone!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I did the WSET Level 1 course and found it really useful. Ian's way of teaching is very effective and the use of the Nez du Vin kit helped identify the aromas of the wines. I started to appreciate the beauty of wines and after Level 1 I continued with two "discovery" wine tasting evenings which I again enjoyed a lot. I'm looking forward to wine tasting evenings starting September! I would definitely recommend the school to my friends.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I signed up to do WSET Level 1 and already had a bit of knowledge, the only thing was it was all floating around in my head.
The course was brilliantly run in a mannor that was relaxed, professional, fun and well designed. I learnt a lot more and was able to put all the knowledge into a clear outline.
I am now signing up to do Level 2!

P.S. The tutor was excellent, friendly yet professional.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend invited me to join her at one of East London's wine tasting sessions; she had investigated a number of schools and thought that East London offered best value for money. We chose Chile and Argentina for our evening session. It was marvellous, thoroughly enjoyable. I learned so much, about the regions' geography, climate, history, and of course their wines! Ian is an excellent teacher, no question goes unanswered, regardless of content. The participants start to share their thoughts and experiences with each other, but throughtout all the ensuing talk, Ian keeps full control of the 'classroom'. He has the most amazing commanding voice, and to all our amazement, remembered our names, how is that possible?!...Our tastings were enhanced by matching the wines, both white and red, with cheese, fish, and meat tastings, provided by Ian's wife. A family enterprise indeed. An excellent evening, we are now going back for Australia, we will maybe work our way round the world in due course... and of course, what happened after the course was that I was able to go into my local supermarket and understand what I was looking at!

1  Thank geraldine c