Emirates Air Line Cable Car - Greenwich Peninsula

from $10.24
from $16.95
from $28.18
2,315 results
All reviews oyster card thames barrier city airport royal docks oysters aviation experience excel centre return ticket smooth ride travel card jubilee line docklands light railway scared of heights london eye olympic stadium thames clipper great ride
Reviewed yesterday

We found this a really fun cable car ride,,,the only drawnback was that we were so interested in looking down and all around that we probably did not concentrate enough on the great commentary. I wish we could have heard it again! The history of all the warehouses etc is fascinating.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been wanting to visit this attraction for some time however my wife doesn't like heights , had to wait until I was in London by myself for a sporting occasion .

Ticket buying was easy using my Oyster card , the attraction wasn't very busy at the time of my visit so embarkation was swift , the journey was smooth and the weather/visibility was perfect . The only disappointing bit was there isn't an awful lot to see as it is someway out of the City centre . The Thames relief Barrier was impressive as well as the O2 . The Excel centre is basically just a big warehouse so not very interesting .

I am glad I did it and it was way to view parts of London I had not seen before so for that reason it gets a plus .

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Took the cable car as a method of transport to get to Excel, but wow! Would visit on its own accord and can’t wait to bring the kids along on a visit to London. Staff excellent and some great views of the whole London Docklands and the O2

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The staff working here deserve a medal, me and the wife had been too a concert at the 02, the cable cars finished at 11pm, but the staff kept them running helping people cross over to the docklands, and am so thankful, I would like to say thank you so much too the staff working Saturday night 03/11/18

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Me and my cousin went on the boat to get the cable car across Greenwich and it was so much fun. The view was fantastic and it is good for all ages. You get distracted by the the amazing view so you don’t even notice the height.

Wow, this is fantastic.

It is £3:50 for an adult and £1:70 for a child (you can use your Oyster card on this, they also accept contactless, it really is just like using the tube in that respect)

The ride is only around 5 minutes, but the ride goes very high over the Thames, and you can get some wonderful photos of London and it’s landmarks, the 02, Canary Wharf etc.

The carriages were scrupulously clean, and there was even a video presentation on the TV screen.

This attraction is as mentioned before very underrated, and a great price too

It is also very close to the 02 and North Greenwich DLR.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Whenever we go sightseeing in London we try and take the clipper from whichever pier we are close to down to North Greenwich where we take the cable car over the river to pick up a train home. We have never been disappointed and the grandchildren, who were with us, loved it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ok this is not central London, but out in the Docklands area of East London. However, it does give great views of The Thames, Thames flood barrier, O2 Arena (Millenium Dome, City Airport and Canary Wharf. On a breezy day, these rock a bit, so not for those scared of heights. We travelled North to South, where there is good cafe next door, adjacent to the Emirates experience (we didn’t try this!). Came back via the tube at Greenwich North. Pricing is very good and can just use Contactless like the tube.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked group tickets and didn't tell my wife or one of my sister in laws who both don't like heights. Bit sneaky I know but it looks such good fun! We had a great trip on a sunny day which only added to our enjoyment. Such a novel way to see The Thames and surrounding area....and both wife and sis in law were fine.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walked from our hotel on a sunny October morning which itself was great - Saw the cable car and did the round trip - pensioner rates and a very comfortable car and ride - The views are breathtaking and very interesting - This is 'a must do' - Excellent