“Very helpful staff did me a good turn as well”
Review of ReynA

ReynA
Ranked #3,917 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An elegant menu of Turkish food and pizzas can be found at Reyna, an authentic Mediterranean restaurant in London. Kebabs, salads and barbecue grills can be enjoyed alongside traditional meze, casseroles and pizza. There's a varied seafood and vegetarian choice, and Reyna also shakes an impressive range of cocktails.
London, United Kingdom
“Very helpful staff did me a good turn as well”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Recently my friend and I ate here, far from our normal North London area and we had a good meal in a friendly atmosphere. Food is simple but good and while there could be more wines available by the glass we had a good chenin blanc, which was fine. After this visit disaster struck when my travel pass went missing, also containing other cards, which is quite stressful given the expense of replacement etc especially in the run-up to Christmas when services are winding down. More stressful as I am not in the habit of losing things.
We made enquiries in all sorts of places but didn't think of Reyna itself so imagine my relief to get a phone call from the restaurant (had left my business card in the ticket wallet) to say they had it. Some places would not bother so I would like to commend the staff, who were also very nice and recognised me when I turned up to collect it.
So even though this place is some distance from home I will definitely go there again and tell other people about it!

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Turkish feast for a bargain price at London”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Reyna is a very cool restaurant situated in a great location between 2 main train/overground stations: New Cross Gate and New Cross Road, near to my home.
The service is superb, with friendly waiters, friendly owners, friendly chefs, friendly atmosphere; everything at Reyna looks so easy…. My family and I love it and we go to this corner very often.
The food is excellent, what I consider authentic Turkish and the cocktails are heavenly prepared. The menu is vast, affordable (actually very good prices), with many options for both vegetarians and meat eaters. Some of the main dishes are grilled on a charcoal grill which gives a very special distinctive flavour to the dish; I normally do not eat lamb but at Reyna it’s so well cooked and tastes so good that it's actually the only place where I am able to eat it.
They make their own Turkish bread which is a big plus… And have a big selection of delicious pides .
I must say made my jaw drop the first time I saw the price and the size of the Lahmacun at Reyna, Wooow!!! £1.50 for a “pizza” with lamb minced and salad!!!! In London?? Woow!
All, the hot and cold meze are a really nice treat; my favourite is “Saksuka” f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c!
Desserts ….well, baklava and Turkish tea or with Turkish coffee are my favourite combination…even though they have other spot-on deserts ……I like traditional, so I am stuck with baklava and coffee.
Of course Turkish coffee, tea and Raki are a must at Reyna.
The set menu is a good catch at a crazy cheap price and incredible large portions make Reyna a bargain.
I would recommend Reyna to anybody who wants to have a huge Turkish feast, great drinks and experience the awesome feeling of oriental taste and flavours.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Adonais T
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite neighbourhood Turkish”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Having moved to New Cross recently, this place very quickly became my go to option.

The menu is extensive, but not so large that you worry that the chef is spreading the quality too thin. The pides are always a particular highlight. In fact anything from the grill, be it pide, meat or fish, is always cooked to perfection. There are a range of hot and cold mezes to start and a reasonable range of dessert options (the rice pudding with cinnamon is a particularly surprisly tasty treat). The set menus are ridiculously cheap and generous and we usually end up having to take at least some of it home in a doggy bag. We have ordered takeout from here before and teh quality remains high.

The staff are super friendly, and have always made us feel very welcome. Possibly the only drawback is that the restaurant is so large that sometimes the atmosphere might not be described as buzzing, but I guess it depends what you want from an evening. The flipside of this is that it's not usually necessary to book.

Overall, this is my favourite local restauarant and I would recommend it to anyone visiting New Cross and in search of excellent Turkish food.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank pentargo
London
“Brilliant local restaurant”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I LOVE this place. The food, atmosphere and service is brilliant. I was at first put off, it is a rather large looking place, I wondered what the atmosphere would be like - do not be put off by this as I was, it couldn't be further from the truth. We were welcomed warmly and shown to seats close to the bar. It was a friday night, at about 9pm, and the restaurant was half full as I presume most people had eaten earlier. There were some large groups in there and everyone was having a great time - the music was fun, there was a belly dancer as a waitress who was showing the customers how to dance and it was great. I eat out at a lot in 5 star places in central London for work and client entertaining but really like to keep it local at the weekend and have been pleased to find somewhere so close to me with good food. The value is brilliant - the set menu is fantastic value at £14 for 3 courses and the wine is set at good prices too. Give this place a go, I have been back numerous times and have always enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2012
London
“Great local Turkish”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We love this place: - we go there about once a fortnight - friendly, attentive staff; simple, well-cooked food, good variety, nice & spacious inside, great value too! Particularly good veggie choice - and great if you want just a selection of mezes or kebabs and other full meals. If you like the nearby Meze Mangal, you'll like this place too! We've seen it grow in popularity for over a year now and I'm glad to see it doing well.

• Visited June 2012