“Exhilarating”

and up
Up at The O2 Climb in London
Ranked #44 of 1,812 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for a breathtaking new attraction, combining an exhilarating active outdoor challenge with a completely unique perspective on the Capital.Prepare yourself for an unforgettable 90 minute experience which will take you on an uplifting expedition across the roof of the world's most popular entertainment venue. Enjoy spectacular 360 degree views of London from our viewing platform in the centre of the roof, before finishing with a thrilling descent back to base to complete your adventure.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked in for the first time slot of the day, we were welcomed into the base camp and where we were given a briefing video and our kit. When we started the ascent we all had our photos taken, then we were told to begin the ascent. I found it quite hard to get past the brackets along the pathway, since the guide only showed us briefly. When we arrived at the top we took lots of pictures and there was lots of information about the sights. I downloaded the app for Up At The O2, and there was lots of enhancing tools on that so I would recommend getting that for the excursion but make sure you have 3G and do not rely on wifi if you want to share to Facebook or twitter because the wifi doesn't stretch to the top of the O2. Overall I really enjoyed the journey; I would do it again.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,613)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"london skyline"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this. We went for a twilight climb and had an excellent night for it. Our guide Shaz was really good, clearly explaining all the health and safety, answering questions and pointing out landmarks, he was really enthusiastic about it. The climb was steep in sections and the walkway was springy but not difficult. Great opportunities for photos at the top.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice experience and helpful staff. Had a great time.
Downsides are the high costs and no of days you need to book in advance - one can't check the weather and has to take chances that the weather will be nice when you go "up"

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great view of the city from the top all for £25 can't complain the staff are very attentive at sorting out the health and safety aspect as well answering any questions .
The whole experience last 2 hours and about 15 minutes at the top also saw the beach they are making next to the 02 arena which we have been told will have a zip wire to get to in the future and added attraction to up the o2.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a great experience and I would recommend it. My partner and I climbed the O2 on the August 2013 Bank Holiday Monday and the weather was perfect. The actual climb, plus time on the viewing platform took approx. 60 minutes in all, and the safety briefing plus time to put on the safety gear took approx. 20 minutes in total. You can take your phone/camera on the climb and lockers are provided for your other belongings during the climb. You might be asked to wear their own climbing boots if your shoes are not suitable - socks will be charged at £1 a pair. Our guide (Lucy) was good - clearly explaining how to use the guidewire and pointing out some landmarks on our ascent and whilst on the viewing platform. Experience - 10/10. Staff - 9/10.