“A little bit of Paris smack in the middle of Soho”
Review of Brasserie Zedel

Brasserie Zedel
Ranked #541 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: A large, bustling Parisian brasserie transported to the heart of London. Open throughout the day, offering great value with remarkably low prices, its glorious, historic Art Deco interiors also play host to a 'Bar Americain', 'The Crazy Coqs', a live music and cabaret venue and ZL Cafe.
London, England
“A little bit of Paris smack in the middle of Soho”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! two seconds from Piccadilly Circus lies not just a restaurant but seemingly an entertainment centre. I have still to explore the two bars, especially the one where they have jazz, but I was totally sold on the restaurant. Paris eat your heart out for this was a spectacular room, beautifully redecorated and, most important of all, buzzing. Two o'clock in the afternoon and it was packed and what an eclectic mix, small groups, office parties, couples, businessmen. Look and life was there. I was a guest of a well known bon viveur so I should have guessed it would be good. It was. Service excellent and the food was better than I expected. Admittedly my duck was a little chewy but there was no way I was going to send it back because the taste was sensational. The house wine was acceptable and the whole thing was a pleasant two hours which will take me back, especially to explore those bars. By the way I was surprised at the value, centre of London, popular but sensible prices at a time of austerity of various degrees.

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“beautiful room, prices great, food a disappointment”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went there on a busy `Sat night. Told by receptionist that we should wait in the bar and she would let us know when my boss and his wife arrived. We looked up to see them frantically searching for us throughout this huge restaurant. food was mixed. starters good, entrees not. my duck w cherry sauce was tough and I counted three cherries in total. My husbands Onglet lacked seasoning. To be fair I will give them a try again in case they were having a bad night.

New Delhi, India
“Surprisingly bad food!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I saw this place reviewed as reasonable by Time Out, ratings here seemed ok, so visited for dinner. Unpleasantly surprised. Awful stringy lamb , tasteless parfait starter disappointing profiteroles. Wines were good but expensive place is huge and service sloppy. Plenty of gastronomically better, more picturesque ( this is a cavernous basement), and cheaper bistros and brasseries in London. Avoid this place

• Visited September 2013
BZedel, General Manager at Brasserie Zedel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I was very sorry to read your review and comments regarding the food and would like to follow up. Please do email info@brasseriezedel.com at your earliest convenience.

Stephen Macintosh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Late service”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a reservation at 9. Our arrival wasn't even acknowledged until 9:10, despite letting know the staff about our reservation. We had to wait a crowded bar with a patronising bartender until our table was ready. By then it was 9:45 and we no longer had the desire to give them our money and asked for the bill.

However our waiter apologised and let us have our drinks for free and the manager approached us to apologise personally.

Nice bar, cool building, don't try on the weekend.

1 Thank tripi c
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful room, lovely staff, poor food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a shame. The room is beautifully done. The desk, bar and waiting staff are ever so good, but the food. Oh, the poor food; average quality ingredients, under seasoned, tough meat, no care or cooking skills apparent. Real pity.

1 Thank michael k