“Solo venture”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Don't like eating out alone when here for work but was recommended by hotel, bit weird being solo but fed up.of eating in hotel room so here I am
Was welcomed by very nice man who made my anxiety of being alone disappear, showed me to a nice seat where I could hide a bit, ha - ordered rise wine £6.50 n prawn Linguine off the specials, wine arrived v quick
Linguine tasted super fresh n prawns flavoursome ,glad I ordered this n not a burger
Have to say if this is what it is like outside hotel rooms then I am going to do this more often.
If I lived in London I would make riverside 2 my go to place- very nice very relaxed n food great

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Pleasently suprised by the quality and friendly ambiance of this restaurant. We went to this restaurant in Lambeth not expecting that much considering the area. However, the food was great and priced right. The service was very quick and friendly. Really endjoyed our meal here and would recommend it for a nice diner!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This Italian restaurant was recommended by the nearby 'Days Hotel', and I'm so glad they did!
The meal choices were not exclusively Italian, but when in Rome! Chose the Penne with Salmon at around £12 - very reasonable. Drinks were a tad more expensive than others in the area - a 330ml Perroni for £4 but probably average for London.
Ambience was excellent, staff very attentive and friendly.
Will definitely be returning asap.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

To visit Massimo and Dmitri for a meal is like going home. This restaurant is run by honest good people that serve, honest good food. Good quality food. Well priced. Immaculately prepared. Using the best ingredients. No shortcuts. Why do I only write a review now about a place I am visiting at least twice a week for the last six years. I ask myself that question too. So often we tend to forget the jewels so obviously close to you. The service is just super good. Friendly staff that have learned from Massimo and Dmitri. Expect excellent, tasty Italian food. Well priced. I can say with all conviction that some of their traditional dishes are the best in London. BTW don't miss out on the Tiramisu. The best I've ever tasted any place in the world. And that for only £4.50!! A visit to Riverside 2 is a must when you are in London.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Lobsterpot01
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

This is the first place in London so far where the staff didn’t make you feel like you were inconveniencing them by being there.

We had the mushroom pasta special which was amazing. Probably the best pasta I have ever had. We also had a gluten free pasta option which was very good!

Date of visit: June 2018