“Suprising exciting cooking.”
Review of Ariana II

Ariana II
Ranked #2,960 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The first Ariana Afghan Restaurant was established 1986 in Manhattan, New York. With the success of the first branch the family thought of opening a second branch in London as a large group of the family resided here. We stumbled upon Kilburn High Road and hence Ariana 2 was established (2010)
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amazingly tasty, genuine Afghan food, helpful service, great for a large table of friends....take your own wine..no corkage charge .

1  Thank stuartbandsuev

Reviewed July 17, 2013

As I eat Afghan food at home, this place was not that amazing for me. I have been reading reviews of people and so on, so I thought this place would have really good afghan food. I had their Qabeli palaw (rice) and it didn't taste that good. It wasn't bad thats all i can say.

1  Thank Hkhan_uk
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had never had Afghan food before visiting here but have since returned a number of times. Each time the food has been excellent. The restaurant is Byo which makes for great value. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

as a local to the area I've been past the restaurant many times and seen the "Times Out" review advertised, so took a casual Monday night visit with some friends.

lovely friendly welcome from the staff, helpfully pointing out the nearest shop if we wanted to go and buy any alcohol to have with our meal (no corkage charge).
The menu seems extensive for meat eaters, less so for the vegetarian, but I wasn't disappointed with the quality and size of the portions. A very generous helping of veg curry (you have your choice of veg) served with rice and salad. Friends declared their meat choices succulent and well flavoured. Having never had Afghan food before, I can't comment on authenticity, but it was good food at a very reasonable price, and I'll be going back for more soon!

Restaurant was full by the time we left at around 8:30pm, so booking may be advisable. A great local restaurant, and good quality of service to match.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to ariana on a glum Monday night after a long day at work and it proved to be just what the doctor ordered! I was pleased to see it was a byob place with no corkage charge so nipped to the offy for a bottle of red to go with the tender lamb. We both ordered lamb but the shefs special of shoulder (or was it leg) of lamb was amazing at around £10. In fact the highlight of the meal was probably a mince meat dumpling starter with hot sauce. The service was excellent with good advice on what to order and always with a smile. I think this may become a regular treat.