“My bi-monthly haunt, it's that good...”
Review of Ariana II

Ariana II
Ranked #2,231 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Persian, Afghani, Middle Eastern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The first Ariana Afghan Restaurant was established 1986 in Manhattan, New York. With the success of the first branch the family thought of opening a second branch in London as a large group of the family resided here. We stumbled upon Kilburn High Road and hence Ariana 2 was established (2010)
London, United Kingdom
“My bi-monthly haunt, it's that good...”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I first stumbled upon this lovely Afghan restaurant as my friend and I were looking for cheap eats on Kilburn High Road. The awards on the door lured us in, and my very favourite waitress (the young pretty one with beautiful hair and skin) told us it was BYOBooze... We were sold!
Each subsequent monthly visit, we are known by name and whenever either of us brings another friend along, the waitress enquiries about the other. So friendly and accomodating, that it really feels like going home to an aunts house for dinner/lunch.
The food portions are extremely generous and their suggestions are always delicious. I always start off with the meze and am too full for a main. Though the lamb shank special main course falls off the bone, best lamb I have ever tried!
I am always suprised when the bill arrives, even now, as it's ridiculously cheap for such an amazing home cooked meal. I see many customers in there alone because this dinner is probably cheaper and tastier than anything they can whip up in the kitchen.
In the evenings these guys are always busy, so on a Friday or Saturday night you might want to book in advance. Also the downstairs accommodates to a larger party, perfect for a big celebratory meal.

Cannot recommend this place enough! 5 stars

London
“A must go!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

SImply fantastic, value for money and delicious food. We asked our waitress to recommend what we should try and were not dissapointed. The owner then came over and apologized for not winning the cheap eats category this year! Judging on the food and service they are well worthy of all the accolades. Will be heading back there soon!
AND ALSO IT'S BYO :)

• Visited August 2012
“Excellent food and great atmosphere - a hidden gem”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I went here for the first time this evening on my husband's recommendation - I will definitely be going back.

The food is full of fabulous flavour and the chilli and corriander sauce (their own recipe) is superb. I had a selection of three veggie dishes with rice and salad. My husband went for the meat option - mixed kebab - which was also delicious. Both of our mains were very generous portions. The entire menu looks interesting and I hope to make my way through more dishes over time!

The service was incredibly friendly and prompt. I am so pleased that this gem is within walking distance of home : )

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank HotchickPatel
london
“Can't beat a bit of Bring Your Own Booze”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is nice, food v fresh, attentive staff and best of all they let you bring Your Own Booze - thus saving money. It was a bit quiet when I went but I've seen it busier at times.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank LondonTreepixie
London, United Kingdom
“interesting food, indifferent service”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went there at lunchtime on a Sat when the restaurant was empty, and there was no manager there! It showed - service diffident,slow and disinterested, waitress more interested in using her Ipad, but not rude.

Food was interesting, and plentiful. I had a starter dish of 3 Mezze, which was very good, and a main course which was enough for my and my friend, although seasoning was slightly lacking.

I said that the end that the food was not very well seasoned only to be told that it was ramadan and that the food cannot be tasted at all by the chef - I really did not know what to think about this.

• Visited July 2012