Baytree Hotel
$288
$277
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at the Baytree because it was a cheaper option than the more central hotels, but is only a short walk from Stratford station. We were slightly dubious about staying at the pub, but the hotel section of the building has its own entrance so it feels very separate.

The room was small but clean and comfortable, and it was good to have free Wi-Fi and a small TV. However, there were no tea and coffee facilities as advertised, which was disappointing. The bathroom was again small and although there was a lovely rain shower, there was no separate shower cubicle so the whole floor gets wet.

The most disappointing thing about the hotel was the breakfast. The choice was limited (no bacon!) and what we did get wasn't at all appetising, so we didn't bother with it on the second morning even though it was already included in the price.

The 24-hour reception and generous 12:00pm check-out time were a bonus, but overall you get what you pay for here — a good value and comfy hotel, but nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura K
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend in January, this hotel is small and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was gloriously warm every morning. Although the room was quite small it was perfect for us, the music was loud on Saturday night but that is the same in most hotels. The hotel was only a 5-10 minute walk away from stratford station where you could get the tube to any destination. West fields was also fantastic with so many shops I could have spent my entire weekend there.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very tidy and cleany hotel and very hearty staff. English breakfast included. Quite cheap. Only 10 minutes walking from Stratford Underground/Station and 15 minutes from Stratford Westfield Centre. With the Central Line only 20-25 minutes to City of London.
Very quiet area.

Room Tip: Room on the road little bit noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to our daughters unit, but the room was small, hot,noisey the shower flooded into toilet area each time it was used. The breakfast was disgusting. The area and location to stratford station was fine but the hotel is best suited to backpackers but would be overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked a triple room for 2 nights as we were attending an event in Stratford but when we arrived at the hotel we were told that we had 1 double room and 1 single room. I asked why i was not informed of this before i arrived seeing as they had my phone number and email and the man on reception lied and said that he had called, spoken to a man on my phone and he said it was ok. I don't have a man who would or could answer my phone which i told the guy on reception but he was insistent that a man had told them this was ok, obviously to these staff the customer is not always right! We were not informed of when breakfast was either.

Our rooms were tiny and seemed to be on a rough extension of the main hotel, both rooms were like a sauna.

No tea/coffee making facilites in the rooms as advertised on their website.

Breakfast is described as 'full english' but there was no bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms or fried bread on the menu. On the second morning we did not even bother going for breakfast as it was so appalling, along with the service.

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone, customer service is non-existent and the website does not reflect what you pay for. We could not wait to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends