Premier Inn London Southwark (Tate Modern) Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,821 results
All reviewssouthwark tube stationsouth bankborough markettesco express next doorgreat locationglobe theatremillennium bridgefamily roommeal dealjubilee linelondon eyeshort walkcosta coffeenight's sleepquiet locationquiet at nightgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here Fri to Sunday. We did have 6 in our party, but unfortunately my husbands mother had 2 heart attacks prior to our departure. On arrival the staff were helpful and informative. We explained we now were a party of four not six. No room was non refundable. But we know that. We kept it and split our party. We were really surprised and grateful they refunded the breakfast cost. The rooms were immaculate. I can't fault anything. We booked meal deals, pub grub. Service brilliant. Staff happy. Breakfast was lovely. Lots of choice. Location was brilliant. Right near bankside pier. Overall we were happy with our stay and premier inn should be commended for their staff training and customer care. We will return and also recommend. BRILLIANT!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Wozani T, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Southwark (Tate Modern) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review. We are delighted that we managed to deliver a perfect stay for your party. Our teams are delighted that they made such a positive impact on your stay. It certainly serves as a great motivator to continue doing so.
I hope your mother-in-law is better, and also hope to see you again soon. If you require anything on your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards Wozani (opsmgr.londonsouthwarktatemodern@whitbread.com)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Have stayed in this hotel a few times and the customer service is just excellent!
All the reception staff I have come across are always smiling and really helpful-10/10!
Breakfast is lovely and affordable-it's a buffet too, fantastic! There is one breakfast woman waitress who could do with smiling but apart from that no complaints! The rooms are clean and just what you need for a short stay.
Highly recommended and good value for money!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us a glowing review. It is great to hear that you had yet another enjoyable stay and that your breakfast experience was equally great. Our team were delighted to see that their service warranted a 10/10. It surely serves as a great motivator.
Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast team member. I can assure you that after your comments, I will have the necessary conversations with the team to ensure every one of them are on the same page.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my better half as part of our 10th Wedding Anniversary trip to London. Everything was up to the usual excellent Premier Inn standards with a special mention going to the staff. Everyone we encountered was very friendly, courteous, polite and efficient, a credit to the company. The location was superb being a stone's throw from the Tate Modern and the Globe Theatre. A 5 - 10 minute walk brought you to Southwark Tube Station so getting around was very easy. The bar area is a little on the small side because of the limited footprint available in a relatively compact hotel. Building space was obviously at a premium but it is still very welcoming and comfortable. Prices are OK for London I guess with a large Pinot Grigiot and a 500ml Magners coming in around the £10 mark. Food was also competitively priced and very well prepared and presented in the on-site Thyme restaurant. Again service was excellent. The 'all you can eat' breakfast is served buffet style and this works well for me being a greedy bugger. No need to order 17 sausages and a bucket of beans with a sheepish grin on my face. There's not much more to say really except that the noise levels were low at night so, once again, no reason to claim my cash back. I do have one minor gripe about Premier Inn in general so I'm going to air it here. Back in the day when Premier Inns were a cheap option you didn't really expect luxurious toiletries to be supplied but nowadays with a lot of Premier Inns charging £100+ per night it is time our expectations were raised somewhat. We paid £300 for 3 nights not including breakfast and we didn't even get a single solitary biscuit supplied on the hospitality tray. Yes I know they do a fantastic meal deal but at £22.99 each or £8-95 for breakfast alone it does push the price up. In total we paid over £350 for bed and breakfast which, in my book is a hell of a lot of money for what is essentially a basic hotel. Come on Premier Inn, start to give real value for money. The advertised £39 room deals are very few and far between in areas that we want to visit and, as yet, I've never been able to book one. This is not a criticism of the hotel in question and it really was superb but I just think we should be getting a bit more for our money in this day and age.

Room Tip: No outstanding views to be had so room selection not a major issue.
1  Thank Peter H

Thank you for your 5 star review. It is great to hear that we are hard to beat and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am glad you took advantage of our 'all you can eat breakfast' buffet. It is very popular with most of our guests.
I will certainly take your feedback about the room rates to the relevant team.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Most helpful and friendly staff. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and would stay again.The breakfast was great value for money as was the meal deal,The rooms were very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wozani T, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Southwark (Tate Modern) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is a delight that you found our rooms to be nice and clean, the breakfast to be great our team to be friendly. It is good you took adavantage of our meal deal offer. It is great value for money, which can be hard to find in London these days.
Hope you stay again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed for three nights. Good location, helpful staff, clean, nice breakfast.
Was a bit concerned initially as we asked for a quiet room.....i am not a good sleeper. Seemed to be some traffic noise, we were on 6th floor....asked for high floor to alleviate this. By nine thirty nice and quiet and slept well
Only complaint is only Thirty minutes free wifi......not really long enough but only alternative is to pay for 24 hours.....surely they could allow on hour free.

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room on a high floor. Were on 6th floor.....they told us no twin rooms on the two higher floors, but the room we had was fine...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wozani T, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Southwark (Tate Modern) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you managed to sleep well and that you found the room to be clean and the team to ne helpful. Our location is great in that beyond the working hours, the area becomes quite.
I have noted your comments about the wifi and will forward them to the relevant team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.