1,940 results
All reviews southwark tube station south bank borough market tesco express next door great location globe theatre millennium bridge family room meal deal london eye short walk quiet location night's sleep quiet at night good nights sleep comfortable room within easy walking distance
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 nights during the recent UK heatwave. The hotel was in an excellent location for all our sightseeing plans. A short walk from the Southbank and Waterloo and only a couple of minutes from Southwark tube on the Jubilee line. On arrival (slightly earlier than the check in time) the staff were very friendly and welcoming and our room was ready early. We left our bags and went out sightseeing. There is a Tesco express with an ATM right next to the hotel which is very convenient. There are a few pubs near the hotel which we stopped off to enjoy the lovely sunny evenings. We did not eat dinner in the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel but we did take the buffet breakfast every day and the choice was excellent. I ordered veggie sausages a few days and they arrived freshly cooked and hot at the table very quickly. There was also a choice of milk and fat free yoghurts available. The hotel was very busy and I did notice on a few occasions that there was a queue to get a table for breakfast but it really depends which time you decide to dine. Thank goodness the hotel had a/c during the heatwave however it really did not get cool enough for us.
The room was a reasonable size with separate beds for the 2 children. Bathroom was spotless and the shower very good.
Many of the places we decided to visit were within walking distance including the Tate Modern, Globe Theatre, Southbank, St Pauls etc.
Overall a reasonably priced, well located hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

1  Thank LisaExpat
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location - lovely, modern hotel at a great price for the centre of London. The room was spotless- clean and fresh and a good size for the 4 of us. Kids thought that it could have had a bigger TV though!! Would recommend this to anyone needing a room for the night in the centre of London.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Calling all coeliacs. This is the place to stay. Not only are the beds comfortable, staff friendly and in walking distance of great riverside pubs and The Tate Modern,but you can have a fantastic GF breakfast or evening meal here too! I arrived for breakfast.There was no GF bread but as I hadn't asked for it at check in I wasn't surprised.However,Morgan, the restaurant manager overheard my enquiry and went next door himself to Tesco and bought a loaf and served it with poached egg and bacon as requested. How kind! I have spent the past few years since diagnosis in many different hotels both in Ireland, Europe and USA and have rarely had this consideration shown. Well done, Premier Inn!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A good quality Premier Inn with air conditioned rooms which was a real bonus. The room layout and facilities are as expected with good sized family rooms and proper beds for the children.

Reasonable location - Southwark tube on Jubilee line and RV1 bus to take you to Covent Garden, otherwise Tate Modern a few minutes walk.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night as was with a group of friends visiting the Shard and various local sights - and all I can say is what a fantastic surprise. The hotel certainly lived up to it's name. The attitude of the staff is one of the most helpful I have known in London - special mention for the young lady who checked us in on saturday - she is a trainee and I think her name was Ashleigh - well done young lady, 5 stars already!! It was still very warm in London and the air con worked a treat. Breakfast was a wide choice and well presented. I will definitely use this hotel again. Bravo.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple