“Great hotel for business trip”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross
Ranked #351 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Great hotel for business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for four days for a business trip, and overall the room that I was offered on the second day was great and very clean. Five minutes walk from King Cross St. Pancras Tube station, and 20 minutes to any major shopping attraction in London: Picadilly Circus, Knightsbridge, etc. There are major food chains on a 5 minute walk, McDonalds, Starbucks, some good Indian curry restaurants and bars as well. The staff was helpful and courteous as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I will pass onto the staff your comments regarding their professionalism and helpfulness. I very much hope we can welcome you back the next time you need accommodation in London.
Stuart Clay General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Can't fault this property - fantastic location to be used as a pre or post trip out of London. The room was clean to a very high standard, wifi easy to access and the reception staff extremely welcoming. Can definitely reccomend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kev,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I am pleased you found the hotel to your liking and delighted that you feel able to recommend us to others travelling to London. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Rooms quite compact but very modern & well equipped. Totally spotlessly clean also. Great location about 5 mins walk from kings cross . Overall would totally recommend this great little hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I am delighted to know that you would recommend the hotel to other travellers and very pleased that you will be staying with us again. I look forward to seeing you on your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very friendly staff, nice & clean room, excellent value for a low price! Not so far away from the main attractions in the center of the town! Great public transport makes it easy to see the best of the London in a only few days! I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2013
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I am gratified to know that you enjoyed your stay enough that you feel able to recommend us to other travellers looking for accommodation in London. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Stuart Clay General manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Small room,window doesn't open but great shower and value for money.We were only staying one night, Fantastic location for train station. Usually use Premier Inn but this is great fantastic value for money.Towels were supplied free on the night,no wardrobe

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mairi,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I am pleased you found the facilities and location to your liking and that you foundTune good value for money in what is a very expensive city. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really simple to sum up. Quick check in, small but perfect room, modern, very clean and in a great location for Soho etc in London. The shower was excellent and had a very good nights sleep. Ideal for a bolt hole if planning a trip to London. Loved It especially the price, will definately go back :)

Room Tip: Get a room without windows, they are cheaper and no light in the morning !!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Olly,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. A review where less is definitely more! I am delighted you found everything to your liking and that the hotel represented good value for money. I look forward to your return in the not too distant future.
Stuart Clay General manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Where to begin,the check in procedure and the staff were excellent first impressions it ticked all the boxes.That I am afraid is where it ends.I was aware of the diffirent rooms available, prior to booking ,hence I booked a room with a window as I cannot sleep with the window closed or indeed sleep in a room with no window. I was given room 48 to my horror not only was the glass frosted with no possibility of looking out at anything, the window itself did not open. I sat on the bed and contemplated my situation.No I thought go to reception and register your complaint.I was met by Victor a charming man,he listened and them came to the roon to look at the said window which at the time I thought rather strange.He told me he was unable to do anything until the following day.I went out for some fresh air I came upon a Travel lodge who had a vacancy and it was cheaper than Tune. I returned to Tune grabbed my gear and beat a hasty retreat registering my distain on leaving.Please please do not waste your money as I did and do not encourage this kind of doddgy marketing ploy.The venue is nothing more than an upmarket hostel.Strangely enough it was 20.15 at 20.39 I received an E/mail from Victor thanking me for my stay,well I thought I must be in line for a medal for the shortest stay ever. It gets better to add further insult to injury they hoped i would be staying in the future and they could ensure I have a window that opens,I will not print my answer I am a gentleman! and the future with Tune does not exist.Unless ofcourse I manage to slim to a size zero and have my lower limbs removed then I might just fit into the box.Do not say you have not been warned.

Room Tip: please be aware you had better be small in stature and girth or you will not fit into the room,it is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,
Thank you for you comments regarding your recent visit to Tune Hotel Kings Cross. All comments are welcomed. It's unfortunate you were not pleased with the room you were allocated, and sadly we were on this occasion not able to offer you an alternative that you found agreeable until the following morning. I am pleased you found the staff dealt with the situation with professionalism and courtesy. Should you elect to stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross in the future please contact me personally at
sclay@queensway.com or on 02077132050 so a room can be found that fits your criteria.
Kind Regards