“Clean & Modern”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #318 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room was clean & modern shower was excellent as was the bed the staff were pleasant & helpful and the location was great for getting around with some nice pubs and cafés near by. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Edward B
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Edward

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel. It's a pleasure to find that we lived up to your expectations and I look forward to seeing you again when you are next in London.

Stuart Clay General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,555)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in September for 4 nights. Our room was great, nice and warm, clean etc. I had imagined there would be no room for us to move after reading reviews by others on the other tune hotels but we were fine. Enough room for the both of us and our huge backpacks. Great location too, close to the station etc.
the only problem we had was loud people in the hallway one night, but that's hardly the hotels fault.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Genna.

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay. I'm happy that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and that the staff were helpful. The Duty Managers do walk all floors several times during the night but sadly unless we are on the spot when people are being inconsiderate we cannot deal with it. My apologies that your sleep was disturbed. I hope we can welcome you back the next time you are in London.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I knew what i was getting as a few of my colleagues had stayed there before but a culmination of small issues just put me right off.

1. Check in was slow
2. Having paid for towels and been assured they were in my room, they werent.
3. No toiletries either.
4. The only plug i could initially find for the iron was at the other side of the bed and not accessible and no phone in room so had to go back down to sort these issues out and find out where the nearest plug was. (turned out they are hidden behind a panel)
5. No phone in room so had to go back to reception to get towels and find out where plugs were.
6. Having now found a plug, the iron, which is attached to the iron board has no water in it and there is no container to get the water in it, nor will it fit under the sink because of the way its attached.
7. Last but certainly not least, there was ladies hair all over the toilet floor. :-(

1 of my colleagues stayed the same night and he has none of these issues incidentally so may have been bad luck on my part, but not impressed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am dismayed that so many things detracted from your enjoyment of the hotel. I have addressed the issues you describe and feel certain they will not happen again. I would hope the next time you stay with us we will live up to your expectations. Should you wish to contact me direct regarding this matter you can call me on 02077132050 or email scaly@queensway.com
Regards

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had to be up in London early the next day so booked to stay here.

The hotel is very close to Kings Cross station (3minute walk). It is a no-frills hotel in the true sense of the word. You can choose to have a windowed or no-window room. I feared the no window room would be claustrophobic but it was fine.

The room is very clean and tidy, there are a few power points and a small shelf for your laptop. TV, hairdryer, safe, WIFI etc all cost extra. The bathroom was clean and the shower was good quality. Reception sells coffee/tea/snacks.

One problem I had was that the door seems to be thin, I could hear people walking past my room and doors shutting in the middle of the night.

Overall, it is a cheap hotel that is very clean and comfortable. If you need somewhere to sleep and only sleep, this is great.

Dear Alex

I am glad that overall you found your stay at the hotel agreeable and that you room was comfortable and clean. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay and I do hope that you will choose Tune Hotel Kings Cross on your next visit to London.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel was well presented, situated in a good location and clean, which are some of the key factors we wanted. The hotel provided good service, a nice room, a well repaired room, comfortable beds and the TV was good too. The only issue i would have would be you only get 1 pillow, other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise, there can be a lot due to the great location near Kings Cross
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Dale

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you found the location convenient and that your room was clean and comfortable. I will look into the possibility of having a few spare pillows for those people who require them.

Regards Stuart

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while at a conference. I was on the fifth floor, overlooking Grays Inn Road, but hardly got any traffic noises, thanks to good soundproofing.

The room was clean, the bed was comfy and I got a good night's sleep. And the shower had a good bit of power to it. It's five minutes' walk from Kings Cross and St Pancras, which means it's near a lot of food outlets for breakfast. And the room is bigger than the one I stayed in at the Tune Hotel Westminster/Lambeth

The negatives: there was only one plug socket, so if you want to plug more than one thing in, you can't. They should have provided a plastic cup or something similar for having a drink of water or for when brushing your teeth. But I'd happily stay in a Tune Hotel again next time I'm needing to stay in London

2  Thank canningtown

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am happy to find that your room was clean and comfortable. Your comment regarding a plastic cup has been noted and i am hoping that these will be in all rooms shortly. Plug sockets are located at the back of the fold down laptop desk and i have spoken to staff to make sure all guests are told this on their arrival. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Really enjoyed this hotel, was situated in the centre of London so was extremely easy to get around for shows and the o2 but the location wasn't the safest area. Be careful of people in the area trying to hustle you as we encountered but walked away. The hotel itself is really nice and has slightly bigger rooms than the other tune hotel we have stayed in, you do get what you pay for so this hotel is perfect to base yourself at.
One of my only complaints was they do not keep guests informed very well as our second day the fire alarms went off twice and we thought it was a real fire, which was quite concerning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayleigh_M_Williams

Dear Guest

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Location is one of the key features of the hotel and as you found it makes getting around very easy. I have spoken to staff regarding the fire alarms in order to ensure that all guests are kept informed of tests well ahead of time. Thank you for taking the time to draw my attention to this and for writing a review of your stay with us.