“For the price... Truely Unbeatable in London”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #366 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. I have stayed at a Tune Hotel in Kuala Lumpur so knew roughly what to expect. What we got was an adequate, quiet and clean room, with a large, circular, open-able window (that opened onto a side street), with a view over the central London skyline. Clean ensuite, clean everything. The bed was comfy too.

Located - 5 mins walk from Kings Cross. By bus - the stop is right outside the door.

The staff - incredibly friendly, couldn't have been more helpful.

The only downside is having to add a towel to the bill! Oh, and after only being open a few weeks, the bracket on our flat screen TV was wonky and we could only watch the TV at an angle.

My advice - get there while its new and shiny!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tungstenthedog
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of your stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I have attended to the wonky bracket and all is well with the television, thank you from bring it to my attention. I will pass on your comments to the staff and I'm glad you found them helpful during your stay. I hope that on your next trip to London we can welcome you back. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

There are newer reviews for Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here recently for a couple of days and was pleasantly surprised - my room was absolutely spotless, comfortable bed and a good shower. Rooms are small but you get exactly what you pay for. Its far from luxury but I think its a great option for a short stay in London, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank coco55555

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms and I'm happy to hear that you intend staying with us again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

When I'm travelling on business in London I am often out entertaining in the evening and up early for a breakfast meeting so I can maximise my team away from home.

My hotel requirements are pretty lean. A clean bed, decent shower and that's about it. I saw a poster for Tune Hotels near Paddington one day so this week I thought I'd try it.

Turned up at midnight and the staff checked me in in no time at all. The room was tiny, but I knew it would be and yes, I paid for a window!! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was shiny clean and the shower the next morning was great.

It's only a five minute walk up the road to Kings Cross so that makes access really good too.

So, this is now my new bolthole in London when I need one, and in fact have already booked another stay in two weeks time.

Definitely a place to try.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dgilroybs8

Dear Mr Gilroy,

I am gratified to hear that we lived up to your expectations on your recent visit. We pride ourselves on the comfort of the rooms and thanks to a terrific housekeeping team cleanliness is not an issue.
I am delighted that we will be welcoming you back when you are in London. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I needed to spend one night in London after a concert and didn't want to pay a fortune. Tune's pricing policy enables one to pick what level of comfort you wan. I wasnt bothered about TV or Internet but I did need a towel so my extras were minimal.
The location was perfect, the room was extremely clean and the bed comfortable. Exactly what I needed at around £50 cheaper than any other chain hotel. I inadvertantly left an item in my room and the Duty Manager went to great lengths to contact me and reunite me with my lost propery.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Johnphodge

Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am so pleased that we lived up to your expectations during your visit. We endeavour at all times to reunite guests with their property and I am glad that on this occasion we were able to contact you to facilitate this. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regard Stuart. Stuart Clay General Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

i booked a double and has been said the room was on the small side, but it was very clean and of a high quality. Its an interesting concept of buying extra items. the location is great 7 minutes from kings cross.
I would say it is good for a short stay but probably not for a long one. I would stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gordon s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Our team works very hard to make sure all guests enjoy a high level of cleanliness throughout the hotel and I'm glad this was your experience. Our location makes moving around London quite easy with the stations so close by. I hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Regards stuart.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at a Tune Hotel and we enjoyed it. We chose a double without a window - it is compact but fine for a night away if you aren't planning to be in it much apart from sleeping. The decor's nice and modern and the space is used well. It is good value and the best rate we found in the area. I like the idea of paying a basic rate and just adding what you need, economical and environmentally friendly. The only glitch was that we couldn't recharge my husbands mobile as some of the power sockets didn't accept our plugs (which are standard UK ones) and we couldn't use another socket as the table underneath it was too close to it. All in all, a good stay and I would go to a Tune hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank kentcouple66

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross. I am sorry you had an issue with the plug sockets, and I cant think why that might be. Like you most of our guests like the concept of paying only for what they use, it provides excellent value for money and allows our guests some control over their final bill.

I do hope we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is my third stay at the Kings Cross Tune Hotel and I always find it to be exceptional value for money, bearing in mind that the beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

Everything you need is available, and since you only pay for the extras you want, the prices stay down even in high season - I got five nights over the August Bank Holiday at £35 per night. The only reason I have not given an overall 5 out of 5 is the 10am checkout time, but this can be extended to 1pm for £15, so if it's important to you, it's not a dealbreaker.

I'll be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank sparklygrl

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you find that the hotel represents excellent value for money, and that your room was clean and comfortable.
As you have stayed with us three times already I look forward to welcoming you back for visit number four.

Stuart Clay general Manager