“Gets better”

Shaftesbury Theatre
Ranked #178 of 1,679 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shaftesbury Theatre at the top of Shaftesbury Avenue.
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Took my gran and aunt to see the pyjama game, very slow first half, we all agreed it took some time to get into it, but it does pick up in the second half, some extra dance numbers bring it to life. There were a few too many cringy make out sessions with the leads that seemed to go on forever. My nana and aunt left saying they enjoyed it, I thought it was ok, we all agreed it's not something we would see again but it had it's moments. I paid £30pp for stall seats near the front, I think if I had paid more I would've been annoyed. I did also notice a fair number of empty seats which is a shame as the cast seemed to be enjoying themselves, I would've thought the theatre would make sure the stalls are full to give everyone a boost

There are newer reviews for Shaftesbury Theatre

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Saw The PAJAMA GAME. An easy going musical - great dancing and music. No bad language ! Matinee not full but audience very appreciative of the show.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The curse of the Shaftesbury Theatre strikes again. This is one of my favourite theatres: its beautiful inside. Unfortunately, over the years, it's has more than its fair share of duds. This is another. No really memorable songs and a wafer thin plot. I feel sorry for the cast who got the most out of the material they were given. It must be fairly demoralising to be performing to a half full auditorium on a Saturday night. I wonder how empty it is on weeknights.......

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Bought tickets on the day ( £20 for front near stage)
High energy musical. Old fashioned musical feel. Enjoyed by all age groups. As with all old theatres leg room a bit cramped but seats were comfortable.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Amateurish production past it's sell by date. Sadly un interesting with bad American accents. House was not full and it was a Saturday night. Didn't stay for second half......... Sorry, but that's how it was for us, my husband even fell asleep!