Point A Hotel, London Paddington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$265
$281
$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$163
$238
$243
$166
  • Pool
2,788 results
All reviewstune hoteledgware roadhour tescotesco expresswithout windowsbudget hotelrooms are smallno windowtwin roomearly checkheathrow airportclean hotelhyde parklight sleepershort staytube stationlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed many times and it was fine for an overnight stay. Unfortunately, last time I have seen a decline in customer service and room cleanliness. Location is great, proximity to transport, shops and services and a choice of restaurants and cafes in the area. I guess that for the price it is ok provided rooms are CLEAN

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services.
First of all we are delighted to hear that you found our location convenient for your stay, near many restaurants and shops.

I regret that you did not find the service up to the usual expectations. I have shared your comment with our front desk staff and our housekeeping team to make sure our high standards of customer service and cleanness are maintained at all times.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

There's budget hotels and then ther's Tune Hotel - Paddington.. location is GREAT, just off Edgeware Road, close to a 24hr convenient store (great for midnight snacks!) and Post Office plus a drug store (pharmacy).. for us Muslims, PLENTY of Halal Restarants close by and also a nice little launderette on Sale Place.. so, convenience and great location, great staff also - ONLY downside is the in house coffee (you have to buy!) is terrible, better go to the cafe next door..

Room Tip: Choose double room with window.. with a toddler, you could ask the front desk to "upgrade" to disable access room (if available), roomier.. or email beforehand.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for leaving your comments about your stay on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you found our location to be very convenient for you, with many supermarkets, shops and a great variety of Halal restaurants nearby. Thank you the kind words about our staff, I will certainly share your comments with them.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the coffee which is sold in- house. We sell Lavazza coffee, which is one of the finest in the market however, we are aware people have different preferences.

We do hope to welcome you again at Tune Paddington.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I've stayed in many budget hotels including other Tune properties and EasyHotels, so I'm familiar with the no window sleeping pod concept - indeed I'd call myself a fan of such no-frills hotels.

However, the basement rooms at Tune Paddington are simply awful. Not only does it sound like the Circle Line is merely 12 inches under your bed, the contents of the room shakes with each passing train. In order to get any sleep, I had to move furniture away from the wall and place personal items on the carpet rather than the hard surfaces.

A further source of noise is the air circulation system. Not to be confused with the A/C unit, which is controlable (untill mine failed in the morning), there is also a forced air vent to mitigate the lack of natural ventilation. This vent positively whistles.

However, I'd rather the constant air vent noise than the varible tube; in the two minute gap between trains, you can almost drift off before starting all over again once the carrages have rumbled past.

Luckily, I had some spare ear plugs in the wash kit and eventually got something resembling sleep. A colleague in an adjorning room wasn't so lucky and spent the night with toliet paper stuffed into his ears. A further colleague on the 1st floor commented that the train noise was still noticable.

In conclusion, avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Refuse any basement room. I had room 20 but anything below 21 is in the basement.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BMTaunt
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services; I was disappointed to read that overall your stay was not satisfying.
We have tried our best to keep the noise level down by following the latest building regulations, but due to our central location, we still occasionally get some noise coming from the underground. We have also put a disclaimer on our website to inform guests about the tube rumble and do advise guests to send us a request in advance, so we can allocate them on a higher floor and therefore minimise the noise.

We do recognise that some people are more sensitive sleepers than others therefore, our front desk team is always happy to move guests to higher floor upon request and when availability allows it.

I do hope you will consider Tune Hotels for any future stays in London.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My elderly mother and myself stayed one night here on our return from a trip to Germany and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is 5-10 mins walk from Paddington station, Plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars within easy reach. Very clean and well appointed room, though small, with A/C which could be adjusted. Public areas were also spotless. Staff friendly and helpful. No tea/coffee making facilities in room, but small cafeteria in lobby is open 24 hours. Beds comfortable and no noise or disturbance from other guests or traffic etc. Our room had a TV, a window (although no view!) and a safe for valuables. Our room rate did include towels, toiletries and wi-fi, but not all rates do, so this is a point to clarify when booking. No breakfast included, but on check-in we were given a voucher for 15% discount at an excellent deli next door and enjoyed a delightful continental breakfast including a pot of Earl Grey tea, fresh orange juice and croissants for under £5 a head. Room rate compared very favourably with other similar hotels. Would thoroughly recommend and would not hestitate to stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Our room rate did include towels, toiletries and wi-fi, but not all rates do, so this is a point to clarify when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your great experience. I was pleased to read your compliments of our services and friendliness of our reception team. I will certainly share your comments with them. Our location is one of our great strengths and we are glad you found our hotel convenient for your stay.

Just to clarify guests who book through third party agents, would have the TV, Wi-Fi, Towels & toiletries, hairdryer and safe included in their room price. However, when guests book directly through our website, they can design their own stay and save on unrequired facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to London.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here before I hoped that as it was after 1pm, I could leave my jacket in my room (it is hot in London). My room is ready but unless I pay £10, no access before 3pm. I already paid £2.50 to leave my bag this morning! This is my last stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CarlosElHombreLibre
Tune_Paddington, Stella at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate both positive and negative feedback as we are continuously looking for ways to improve the services we provide.
As we are a limited service hotel,we aim to provide comfortable rooms, in convenient location,at affordable prices; the add-ons system allows guest to design their own stay and only pay for what they need.
Early check in and Luggage storage options have been created for the convenience of our customers.They can choose if they want to purchase them, at their own discretion. You would not get charged for something you haven't booked or asked for.
We aim to empower our customers by giving them the freedom to design their own stays based on individual needs.
As most of our rooms are not cleaned before 3pm, the early check in option gives priority to those guests who really need the room before our standard check in time.
I truly hope you give us another chance and consider to come back in the future.

Kind Regards,