“No complaining”

Point A Hotel, London Paddington
Ranked #257 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Friendly staff, clean and modern rooms, great location, affordable price and tesco 24h just across the street. I don't like the fact that tv, towels and everything else weren't free, but they were included to our room without us even knowing it so it was okay. I think the chargeable added ones are the only minus.
Tube noise could be heard to the room, but it didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Service Supervisor at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback following your previous stay with us!

I am glad to read that overall our hotel provided you a comfortable stay in a clean and modern rooms and I am equally pleased that the location was perfect for your needs with a supermarket 24 hours just across the street.

Your kind comments regarding the service was friendly is lovely to read. I will ensure your comment is shared with the staff who will be very much appreciate.

Additionally, our add-ons system is cleverly thought out to guarantee the most competitive prices as you only pay for what you need for a pleasant stay.

Finally, I am happy to read that the tube noise didn’t disturb you during your stay.

The team and I would like to wish you a Happy New Year!

Guest Service Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,722)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Staying at Tune Hotel Paddington is hassle free. I have stayed several times in this hotel and everytime it is good. The rooms are very small but they are clean and newly refurbished, the bed is wide and comfortable and the shower/bathroom is good. The staff is pleasant but one really does not deal much with them.
The hotel location on Praed Street is excellent. Its a 5 minute walk from Paddington station (think Heathrow Express) and underground. It is 2 minutes from Edgeware Road. Praed Street is full of cafes, restaurants and bars so easy to get a good or quick bite to eat.

Room Tip: One thing you need to be aware of is that the underground passes nearby so there is the regular rumb...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent visit.

I am glad to read that our hotel met your expectations in terms of cleanliness, price and location as it is what Tune Hotels is all about, always providing our guests with spotless environment, comfortable rooms and great location at extremely competitive prices.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Surpassed my expectations for the price! Room was small but new and clean. Great for a one night stay where the added extras aren't needed. Note that windowless rooms are likely to be on the lower ground floor where there is a little noise from the underground.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Service Supervisor at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the hotel clean and modern.

It is a pleasure to know that we exceed your expectation in regards of price. We always guarantee to our guests competitive room prices.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is very clean, usually quiet and I am a regular guest.

However, needing to pay extra for the hair dryer and tv etc seems petty when they are already in the room. I can understand a no frills hotel charging for towels because of the cost of laundering but it doesn't make sense for the tv and hairdryer as they are already stuck to the wall.

I think it's stretching the no frills business model slightly when you are being charged £95 for a tiny room in a very so-so part of town. Being charged £2.50 to store a case for a couple of hours just feels wrong at this price bracket.

The beds are very comfortable and the en-suite shower rooms are just about big enough. When I stay there on my own it's perfectly adequate but it can be a bit cramped with two.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Service Supervisor at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience in Tune Hotel Paddington.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide.

With regards to our add-ons system, I am sorry to read that it was not suitable for you that time.

As we are a budget hotel, we provide the basics for a good night’s sleep, as a comfortable bed and clean environment, while also offering our guests optional add-ons, like hairdryer, television or luggage storage, so you can design your own stay and only pay for the extras that you need. It is difficult to compete with our cheap prices in such a good location, just few minutes walking to Oxford Street, perfect link transportation to the main points in the centre and to the main London airport, Heathrow. As prices are not fixed, we do have a team of experts working 24/7 to ensure that we are always offering most competitive and affordable prices at any time of the year.

I was sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations that time and I hope you will give us other chance in the future.

We wish you will have a great Christmas time and a happy New Year.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you need a reasonably priced bed near Paddington Station with a clean room then this is a great hotel. You are not going to get room service, a swanky bar or spa facilities but you will get a cheery welcome, a straightforward pricing menu and a perfectly acceptable room.
Hotel is less than 10 mins walk from Paddington and about a further 12-15 mins from Marble Arch. There are plentiful places to grab cheap eats nearby including the delights of numerous shisha bars along Edgware Road. Its a safe and fun 25 minute walk to Oxford Street.
I booked this through an online site and included a package with internet access, towels and toiletries but even these are optional if you really need to keep the cost down.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave a feedback following your previous stay in Tune Hotel Paddington.

Based on the fact that most visitors to London do not spend much time in their hotel rooms, our concept offers the basics for a good night's sleep but always guaranteeing a comfortable rooms and clean environment. Moreover, our add-ons system enables guests to purchase only the items needed during their stay and save some money.

I am glad to read that overall our hotel provides you a comfortable stay and I am equally pleased that the location was ideal for your visit to London.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

The team and I would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Within 5-8mins walking distance to Paddington Station, it was just awesome. Along the way we see some souvenir shops, KFC, McDonalds, Subways and other cafes which are amazing for a quick bite. They also have a 24hr Tesco across the road. Unfortunately, we chose a non-window unit and therefore it was at basement and I believe we have more railway sounds compare to the upper floors (short frequency like every 1-2min from 6am till 12am). Not too much disturbance though if you are not a light sleeper. And because its at basement, there wasn't any network for data and phones which the future guests will need to take note. Excellent reception service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback following your recent stay with us. We take your comments incredibly seriously and see it as essential for our improvement processes.
It is regretful to read that we missed the opportunity to provide an excellent stay as the tube noise disturbed you during the night. I would like to suggest for those who are light sleeper to book a room with windows and request via email to be allocated on a quiet room. This will make sure you have a great time with us! Furthermore, I am really sorry to read that you have had an issue with the network signal in your room. We will report the issue to our maintenance department to have a look into it and fix the problem as our main aim is to ensure our guest satisfaction.

Moreover, I am delighted to read that our enviable location was to your likes and you could enjoy what Paddington area can offer.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always satisfying to receive great comments like yours as it is nice to hear that our efforts are noticed.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the discomfort caused and I hope this will not detract to give us a second chance in the future.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel is very clean, the room was much bigger than I thought and we felt comfortable right from the start. Just around the corner is a really good, small and affordable persian restaurant (Valentinos). The staff was very helpful. They found transport for us to Stansted at 4 o' clock in the morning and helped us with the bus routes and tickets. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for the time dedicated to post a review, even though; we can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding your previous stay with us.

We are very proud of our convenient location and be able to provide high standards of cleanliness and comfortable rooms.

Thank you for recommend Valentino's restaurant. I am sure other guests will appreciate it.

The satisfaction of our guests is reward enough to continue working hard to deliver the same level of service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.