“Honey & Co is a rare and precious Gem!”
Review of Honey & Co.

Honey & Co.
Ranked #365 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Dublin
“Honey & Co is a rare and precious Gem!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Honey & Co was recommended by a chef friend recently and then I read of them last Sunday in the Observer. So yesterday on a trip to London, I managed to get to Warren St to grab a quick peek and hopefully a quick lunch. I almost missed the restaurant - it has an unassuming exterior - and on entering, realised that it was quite full. I explained that I was only in the country for a day and was offered a seat and a cosy blanket if I wished to dine at one of the two bistro tables outside. The sun shone, I sat cosily wrapped in my blanket and feasted my eyes on the menu. Biggest problem ... I wanted to try everything on this gem of a Middle Eastern menu but only had time for one (quick) dish, so having consulted with the warm and welcoming young lady who brought the menu, I chose the Roasted Quail in date and orange glaze, served with a freekeh pilaf and a glass of red wine (Chianti). Food and wine arrived quickly (as promised) and delivered such exquisite flavours and textures that I wanted to slow down time and relish every mouthful. Alas, time was against me so in the end, I abandoned good manners and picked up the tender little joints of quail in my fingers so that I would not miss even the tiniest amount of perfectly glazed flesh. The freekeh was also perfectly cooked (unlike some of my own attempts at home!). The Chianti was also very nice but for me, the food is the star of the show at Honey & Co. Total bill was c. Stg£22 and I left with a happy smile. If I could find a Honey & Co anywhere near to my home, I would definitely be a regular. I didn't experience any discomfort due to crowded conditions or noise as I had the fortune to be sitting outside in the sunshine. This restaurant is not pretentious ... it offers up great flavours and a genuine warmth of welcome. What more could a body ask for? May I suggest that if you go, make a reservation as I predict this restaurant is a star in the ascendant ....

1 Thank AnneOD

London, United Kingdom
“Good food in a very small space”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a weekday lunch time, it's essential to book if you don't want to wait during the busy time. It was far too noisy and cramped for me, you can barely squeeze into the tables. Food was good, a mezze to start then we both had the slow cooked lamb with saffron rice, beautifully tender meat. However whether or it was our palate or the wine I'm sure sure but the overpriced Marcillac 2012 was not a pleasant wine. Service was a little hit and miss. Worth a try but avoid peak times.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic feast”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Would I go again? Absolutely

We visited for a mid-week evening meal at the 6pm sitting (they have 2 sittings, 6pm and 8pm – although walk-ins were being accepted)

My group all went for the complete meal – which consists of a selection of starter (meze style), main course and desert.

The starters were more than enough for our group and would highly recommend this option. For the main I had the Lamb Moussaka and have to say one of the best I have ever tasted. Then onto the desert and I had the Hazelnut pudding, which again I would highly recommend.
Food wise I cannot fault this place; neither can I fault the service which was friendly and not rushed.

The only downside is the venue with it being small! It felt cramped and they certainly squeezed people in (seating 3 at a table for 2). So very cramped and very noisy!

This was the only downside, and I don’t think it would put me off going again.

Oh and one final thing, check out the toilets - the prettiest I have seem, set in a lovely court yard!

The venue accepts credit cards, but does not take Amex

Merseyside, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I took my daughter here after reading of their Best Newcomer Award in the Observer. It's very small so quite how they will cope if they get more and more people I don't know. If you're travelling you must book.

Food is all very simple and tasty. We had the mezze to start between two, and an artichoke salad and moussake for main, and couldn't fault either. No room for the cakes which looked amazing.

Really pleasant friendly staff. Definitely would like to go back.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Honey&Co is a little restaurant serving Middle Eastern food in Warren Street just a couple of minutes from the tube station. Blink and you could miss it. We had booked for an early lunch which was just as well as the place was packed. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was wonderful. We had meze including 2 lovely breads and a main, a very good mix of interesting flavours and thankfully not over seasoned. The moussaka was the best I have tasted. At the end of the afternoon we returned for tea and luscious plum and pistachio cake.
Tables are very close together and it was noisy but this was compensated for by the lovely food.