“Not quite brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Honey & Co.

Honey & Co.
Ranked #319 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not quite brilliant”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wanted to be blown away by Honey & Co given some of the reviews recently but it didn't quite hit that spot for me or my partner. We went on a Saturday lunch and it was packed. Clearly popular given how quiet this area of Fitzrovia is at weekends. Booking absolutely required. It's tiny and cramped but we expected that. Staff were very friendly and helpful despite being so busy. I'd say unusually friendly for London. The food, which is the main event, was good but perhaps not quite as brilliant as we would have liked. The falafel starter went down well as did a good octopus. Good seasoning in both. The mains were also enjoyable though I found the stuffed courgettes I had just a little too lemony for my personal taste. Maybe as a carnivore I was regretting having gone for a non-meat choice. The cheesecake was a revelation and did hit the brilliant spot for me. Overall we were left hoping it had just been that little bit better given all the hype. We've both eaten well in the Middle East, including Israel, and maybe we have been a little bit spoiled and our standards set too high. Don't let this review put you off as it is a great place and a wonderful addition to the dining scene in London. I wouldn't hesitate to go again but I might just lower my expectations a tad.

• Visited July 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1,209 restaurant reviews
“Miserable Staff”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

On entering one Thursday lunchtime it was blatantly obvious we were not locals or regulars as the staff were rude and turned their nose up at us. What a shame the food looked good we stayed for cheesecake and coffee but left quickly. Sort your awful staff out.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Tony but good food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten several times in this tony busy noisy restaurant. . Some of their main courses are nice but inordered mezze tonstart. The portion of hummus was tiny and at seven pounds seems extraordinary bad value. Nice homemade bread and radiches did not account for the stingness of the portion. The food is nice nut its so noisy the coffee machine alone makes talking imppssible. Disapponting over all but breakfast was very mice

Visited July 2013
London
“Sweet”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

'Let's meet for an after-work drink. There's a nice new place near the office.' Thus went the invitation from a former colleague, who knows well my love for delicious food and anything new. Well, the 'nice new place' turned out to be the wonderful Honey & Co and that after work drink turned into several, accompanied by a snack that left me sufficiently satisfied to eschew dinner.

The restaurant is tiny, a single almost unadorned room with bright white walls and just a couple of splashes of (tasteful) colour in the shape of cushions and bolsters. It doesn't matter; there are so many sharp, bright hues imbued in the parade of small dishes conjured up by the kitchen. The salad of feta, watermelon and chillies is as much a delight to the eye as it is to the palate.

Every single dish was exquisite in flavour. Every single one. Whatever they do to the quotidian carrot, they transform it into something you want to eat again and again.

Drinks were equally inventive, especially the home-made soft drinks - lemonade, elderflower and an orange flower water thing, as I recall. I had the latter, opting for the suggested addition of gin (vodka is also available). Heaven. House wine is far from ordinary and comes in those thin, low Spanish tumblers that I prefer to use at home but which often raise a 'can I please have a proper wine glass' from more conventional dinner-party-frequenting guests. I like them.

All in all, this is a lovely experience, enhanced by the utter charm and warmth of the staff.

Do go, I think you'll love it as much as I did.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Its good but not brilliant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good service and some nice food but didn't get the whow factor of some previous posts, although the cheesecake is amazing.

• Visited June 2013