“Lovely little place but book for dinner”
Review of Honey & Co.

Honey & Co.
Ranked #346 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Ballarat, Australia
“Lovely little place but book for dinner”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an apartment next to this place & the smells drew us in. The food we tried, on this our first visit, were falafel (delicious), beef kofta (unreal) & meat hummus which was lovely although the hummus was slightly bland. Service was brilliant as the girls were very helpful & cheery. The place is very small with limited tables & if you want to go for dinner I suggest you book. We tried to get in for dinner for Tuesday night on a Monday but it was booked out. We decided to have an early dinner on the Monday as the restaurant closes at 6pm on Mondays. We enjoyed the meals so much we have managed to get the last table for Wednesday night so we can try other meals. No doubt there are cheaper meals in the area but this is a place worth giving a go.

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Really, really, really, really overpriced”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm not saying it was bad but it was just nothing special and to be honest how expensive is it to make some decent dips and how difficult is it to make them taste good?

Shared meze consisted of 4 radishes, 6 olives, a bit of yogurt dip, a bit of aubergine dip and a piece of pitta bread.

Had the octopus dish as a main.

All was okay nothing amazing but highly overpriced and I left still hungry.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank llolla_13
Oxford, United Kingdom
“mind-blowing desserts”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

As an Ottolenghi fan, I was intrigued by all the positive reviews of this restaurant (the owners used to work for Ottolenghi). Tried booking for a Saturday, but dinner was not possible, just a late lunch. In the end we booked for a Monday, 3 pm. It was busy (the place is tiny)when we arrived, but was soon half-empty; I guess the best times to come are weekdays around 3.30-5.30; lunch and dinner times are super-busy.
The menu isn't available on their website, probably because it changes often. If you go in a group or as a family, the best thing is to share several small dishes (around 5-8 pounds) and larger dishes (10-14 pounds). We had the falafel with tahini sauce (good but I've had better), olives, and a chickpea mush with hard boiled egg and spices (not hummus but similar), lamb shawarma (very nice) and a roasted aubergine (delish). Everything was good but portions are quite small (hence it's best to order several), and they are a bit stingy with pita bread.. So if you're very hungry, do order many dishes!

Service was nice and friendly, albeit a bit slow (there is really not much space for the poor waitresses to move or manoeuvre).

Desserts were some of the best, and most original, desserts I have EVER had, and I am a dessert-person; we shared the cheesecake with honey (divine, not your typical cheesecake) and the pistachio cake with poached plums... I cannot praise the desserts enough!

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Was just walking by the restaurant and saw that it was packed!! That made me curious and so decided to give this place a try. Lucky for us, they squeezed the two of us in. The lemonade was lovely and the food was good. You will however be sitting very closely to your neighbours so if you want to have private conversations, this is probably not that place. I did enjoy how lively the restaurant was and the service from the staff there.

• Visited May 2013
London
“....but brilliant”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Cramped, noisy, slow service BUT fantastic staff and utterly delicious food. We went for the set menu which was terrific - so tasty, and the mezze dishes didn't stop coming (perhaps because it took over an hour and a half for our main dishes to arrive?) The carrots with cumin were divine, and I'm told that the butternut squash fritters were another highlight. For the main dish, my köfte were delicious and the butter beans that came with them were the perfect balancing act, and the aubergine dish that I tried from a fellow diner's plate was delicious too. It was our waitress's first night working so she wasn't up on which dishes were gluten free, although our host had mentioned this when booking, but she made the effort to find out which was encouraging. All in all fantastic value and a great night out.

• Visited May 2013