“Great take on Mediterranean food”
Review of Honey & Co.

Honey & Co.
Ranked #567 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This small and pleasant restaurant, really more of a cafe, is a great choice for lunch. Space is at a premium, but the take on Mediterranean cooking is unique in London and simply delicious. Service with a smile is the dictum in this restaurant. We ordered the mezes, spring salad and falafel. Very subtle flavouring, andvery well prepared. We had the home-made lemonade to accompany the meal which again was delicious. It is always crowded so I would suggest you make a reservation, but for lunch in London I think this is one of the better places. The people who cook here obviously think about their ingredients and prepare the dishes to a high standard.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

there is a wave of 'new' middle eastern restaurants in london - more inspired by claudia roden than edgeware road. honey and co is the latest - and its divine. a tiny, charming cafe with bright blue islamic tiles, and a menu thats middle eastern meets gastropub. we started with excellent taramasalata and falafels. my main was a chicken kebab, utterly succulent, but with a thick, spicy and delicious marinade. it came with muhamarra on the side and a coarse bulgar/couscous salad. my freind had their version of a shwarma - again hearty, delicious, large portions, and mildly inventive. the kind of food you might have got of a kind at the eagle on faringdon road. the desserts stunning. try their cheesecake, or their version of one - its on a kind of birds nesty pastry thing, and comes with a dollop of clotted cream/cheese and honey drizzled. buzzy, cosy, easy and great food. a lovely place. its noisy though and you need to book a week in advance at least

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Upon arriving in London we stayed in Warren St and decided that since we were basically next door we'd give it a go. The staff are great, we knew they were busy at the time we tired to get in but being a smaller place without a reservation was difficult. The lovely lady took my details and while we took a stroll around the neighbourhood we were given a call to state our table was available. Most accommodating and the service was very good. For our first main meals in London we were very happy with the quality of the food. The atmosphere can get a bit loud but that's the charm of a small cozy place. I can not speak highly enough of the staff in particular one lady whom I can not recall the name but my word very happy to see such good attention to the customers needs. We felt there was good value in the food vs £ pounds and recommend you do try the lovely Honey & Co. We'll be there again for breakfast before we leave.

1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Food to die for in the most marvellous relaxed atmosphere.....you probably shouldn't go if you're expecting fine dining but if you want fabulous food in an intimate environment then go....just not when I want to.....the lamb shwarma and cheesecake will live long in our memories....thank you thank you thank you

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I'd have to agree with the "overhyped" comments here. I've seen small meze potions before, but I don't even know where they found dishes that small to serve smears of yoghurt and hummous [the latter, I strongly suspect, from a jar or tin]. And the 'glass' of wine - seriously, folks, even wine tastings serve more fluid ounces......... Dreadful music, over which the staff screeched at one another. Brusque waitress. We got a refund on the 'meze' and an "apology" which quickly turned into disagreement with every point we made.
Grim.
Oh and the old milkbottle on the table, with tapwater? - it's not kitsch; it's grimy..............

5  Thank RedLynne