“A new local favourite”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I discovered this place a few months ago and are finding it difficult to go anywhere else now. The food is consistently of a very high standard and the service is always friendly and efficient. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been going to Urban Orient for the past year or so and I have to admit I Loved it and raved about it to all my friends. I loved so much about it - the people, service, features of the restaurant and the food.

I am slightly too embarassed to speak to anywhere at the restaurant and they don't have a website or email address so im putting it here instead.

Something has changed in the past few months and im not sure whether they have new owners or what the situation is, but I dont like it as much.

I used to love the old fashion register and this is now gone. They also used to have this little cute forms you filled out with a pencil of your order and they too have gone. They changed the furniture and got rid of a lot of the little quant bits and pieces that I think gave it character and the reason why I loved the place so much.

Lastly, I went up there with my fiance yesterday ( as it is a local) and had the tofu salad and the pork and prawn dim sum and both of these were not as good. The dim dum tasted weird and looked grey - so I didn't eat it, because I dont think it was fresh...The tofu salad also was different - the serving was smaller and the sauce has changed...

Im sad to say that I dont know how often (IF) i will go back... this makes me so sad cause it was my favourite place to go out to eat... : ( Why have you changed???

Reviewed December 16, 2012

One of the reasons to love London. Stumbled across this place while running an errand with my wife and decided to stop for lunch. Great food and good service. Will come back if we are in the area again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This tiny eatery on the Crystal Palace triangle was recommended to me by 2 good friends who lives locally. They know that I am picky when it comes to Vietnamese food as the freshest and most authentic dishes will satisfy.

There are not many tables here but it is worth the wait and/or persisting. There are a range of dishes on the menu to suit everyone from selected dim sum of good quality, soups that are not out of place in the vietnamese cafes of Shoreditch and Dalston and other bits and pieces.

This is a perfect place for a spicy weekend brunch or dinner to revitalise from the night before or a place to go and slurp on some delicious noodles in a fragrant broth to get away from the cold.

Finish it off with a walk around Crystal Palace park and you may just have had the perfect weekend. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I eat here regularly. I always spend more than I intend to - not because it's overpriced, but because I can't help stuffing my face.

The dumplings are excellent (better than anything you'll find at dim sum time in chinatown), the pho is excellent, and I often find myself taking away a banh mi for lunch the next day. The specials are usually worth checking out.

You can bring your own alcohol, but there's a corkage charge, so I usually just forego booze for once.

Service is good and friendly, though you have to tick boxes on a form in dim sum style and take it to the cashier to pay, and the decor is relaxed.