“Please read my review carefully”
Review of Pride of Asia

Pride of Asia
Ranked #18,675 of 28,447 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Grill, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We only went to pride of Asia because of their reputation and also because I personally have been to many weddings where the food has been exceptionally good, service was also great. However, I was absolutely disgusted by their recent service in my brothers wedding. we paid 6k but if you attended the wedding you would of though I’m lying and I would not have blamed you.

stage colours were wrong- I have also been told this happens a lot with them
Food was just average- but if a waiter serves top class food with a frown on their face your focus shifts towards the atmosphere in the room rather than the taste of the food.
cutleries were sooo dirty some of the guests stated lining up next to the kitchen to get them washed. clumsy waiter pushed the table causing the centre piece to fall and drip water on the guests sitting around the table- which they deny.
They run out of drinks in the women’s section- it was soo embarrassing. I even offered to go to the local Tesco’s to get some more!!!
The waitresses kept on going outside to talk on the phone.

The truth is pride of asia use to be a top leader once upon a time but because they gained the reputation they do not care, I swear they do not care. They don’t realise the same way they climbed up because they provided good service, the same way they can go down if they provide a bad service. Even when we complained to the owner he literally couldn’t care less. You could clearly tell he was thinking ‘i catered for thousands of wedding and you’re complaining.’ he failed to realise that was a wedding someone waited a lifetime for!! We obviously wanted our guests to enjoy a nice meal. We are not one of those extravagant people. Just to give you an understanding of how basic our wedding was- we didn’t even have cameras as both parties are practicing. All we wanted was our guests to enjoy a little bit of the food in clean plates. That’s all. I didn’t realise even £6000 in todays day and age cant get you this!!! I reckon we could have provided a better service at home if only we had space for 500 people.

Anyway I do not want to affect this persons business because he has a family to feed as well and im sure he did not intend to cause havoc but I thought I have to share this with everyone so you are not surprised if this occurs again. This review was also based on my friends reviews as well. We all have similar complaints! I had one of the closest friends absolutely begging me not to go for this caterer but I didn’t listen!! Feel so angry now. There are some excellent companies that provide exceptional service because they are upcoming they want to get everything right. We have 3 more weddings over the next 6 months and we wont be using them again.

Date of visit: August 2017
4  Thank adisayeed
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Went to a family wedding in October. The venue was packed with over 700 guests. The catering services delivered lunch at 5.30 pm. Never in my life been to a wedding where lunch was not delivered. Everyone had to go to their cars for snacks n local shops. A total embarrassment for the hosts evn though it was at the hands of pride of Asia. When the food arrived it was the wrong menu. Not was ordered. Be warned people.

Date of visit: October 2016
5  Thank Nilu K
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I was expecting a nice food when we went in first impression wasn't good food was not nice no test kebab pakora was burned service really bad we was 20 people not even one person like the food that's wors food I had

Date of visit: June 2016
3  Thank Jahngir
Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

I must say that the entrance is not as per pictures. It is under another sign and the main sign was small on top of another do. The front looked like a take away shop. The inside is good. Staff are trying their best. Food was good. It is Bangladesh type. If u are not up to spicy food, you must tell them. Main platter was good and not spicy. As friends, we had good time. In general, they have a lot of potential to be excellent.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank rana e
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

Very good place for dining on a budget. The buffet options are good and i tried most of them. Food was nice and warm, breads were cold

Date of visit: April 2016