“Great ice cream, not bothered by the hot chocolate”
Review of La Gelatiera

La Gelatiera
Ranked #10 of 432 Dessert in London
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nice little cafe if a bit cramped. Ice cream was great with some original flavours but I wasn't massively over impressed by the pistachio or the Sicilian almond; I think I was expecting stronger flavours - if anything a good excuse to go back and try something else though (my partner chose better than I)! Having read the reviews here I tried the 70% hot chocolate but wasn't over-awed by it to be honest. I'll just be going for the ice cream next time, perhaps when it's a bit warmer!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped by for cake and coffee about a month ago. Served by young guy that looked awkward doing anything. Carrot cake slice was so thin, 1/3 of it broke off. Guy gives me the tiny bit of cake and charges it at same price.

3  Thank Fejoia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I visited La Gelatiera on Saturday evening after a meal at a nearby restaurant. I've been dying for some PROPER Gelato since visiting Italy a few years ago. I've been let down numerous times by the advertisement of Gelato at places like Zizzi and ASK... however, this place was spot on!

The Gelato was so flavorful and tasted freshly made! I went for one scoop of the Pistachio and one of the Hazelnut and the flavor was so strong, it was as if I was eating the Pistachio and Hazelnut... it was amazing... I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good ice cream / Gelato, outside of Italy!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just nipped in during the interval at the Duke of York theatre and had a scoop of tartufo, it was absolutely delicious, can't wait to take the kids and have a bigger portion.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been coming to Le Gelateria since it first opened and can praise it enough. Many of the flavours are completely unique, and change frequently, so there will always be something new to try out here. As an alternative to having some scoops of gelato in a cone/cup, there are a range of different tasty gelato related cakes / biscuits / treats. If I fancy a tasty treat, and I'm in the area, I'll happily stop off here regardless of the weather.

1  Thank Daniel B