“Absolutely great. Very good value, clean, good food, great location.”

Hyde Park Radnor Hotel
Ranked #647 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Helena, MT
“Absolutely great. Very good value, clean, good food, great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

Good central location for walking to the major sights. Clean room, good breakfast an very friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
Chattanooga,TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

My wife and I just returned from an unfortunate stay at the deplorable Hyde Park Radnor. Well, lets start with the positives: location. Unfortunately that's where the good points end for this review. The room was dirty and looked as though it had not been cleaned prior to our arrival. I honestly don't understand all of the good reviews. These people MUST have been staying somewhere else. Please take this advice: find an alternate location. We only wish we had taken similar advice. RUNNNNNNNNNNNN!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RXDawg

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Haifa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

This is one of the numerous hotels in the area of Sussex gardens but it has two advantages - it is clean(not common feature in London hotels) and it has lift to all floors.
Full English breakfast(included) is most unhealthy food imaginable and it's real cruelty for yourself to eat it every morning (beakon, sausage, eag).
The room we stay in (2 adults and a 11 years old girl) was very small, but clean and pleasant. The stuff was friendly and helpful.
We will recommend the rooms not looking on the street (little bit noisy). Otherwise this hotel seems good value for many.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank grenadir
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2009

Now that I’ve experienced the Radnor, I believe all the negative reviews. Those people were telling the truth. The question is: where are all the stellar reviews coming from? Because besides “good location,” none of the positives were apparent during my stay.

I’ll just add one thing that was disconcerting. The place is a potential fire trap. Mounds of wet towels and dirty linens were left out in the narrow hallways. The landings on the stairway were used for storage of mattresses and old furniture. Piles of linens were stuffed behind chairs. The window in the room was nearly impossible to open. There were also issues with the door locks that still have not been addressed by the hotel.

And what they don’t tell you is that the B&B across the street is party central for college students. Smoking, drinking, and shouting until 5:00am each morning. Topped off with plenty of door slamming.

Overall, this was the most unwelcoming accommodation I’ve ever been to in London. It has potential, but they really need to get a handle on customer service and property maintenance.

• Stayed March 2009
4 Thank offtolondon
Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

Hotel is located close to assorted bus stops which can take you to all places as well as around the corner from the tube. Most handy. Staff is most helpful with directions and assistance. Many tasty restaurants are very close as well as necessities shopping and redoubtable Hyde Park. May I recommend Mimo's restaurant just one block toward Paddington Station.
The room comes with a full English Breakfast which is as good as an English Breakfast can be.
The rooms are quite comfy; the bathroom (with shower) just fine. If you are seeking luxurious accomodations, this is not the place. However, if you wish a comfortable, well located room at a modest price...this is the place. It is a fine location for a sight-seeing trip to London.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Orlando_FLMoose
Cape Town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

My family and I recently stayed at a family room at the Radnor, our second stay at this hotel. This family-run hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance from Paddington Station (which is very convenient given that the Heathrow Express connects here). Family rooms are small, but clean with crisp linen and towels. Breakfast is a full English breakfast of eggs, bacon, tomato, toast, baked beans, as well as cereal, orange juice, tea and coffee - handy for filling up for a busy day. Given the cost of the hotel (the best price we could find for a family of 4), the value for money is excellent. If you like a lot of space, you may find these rooms a bit small, but if you are looking for a comfortable place to sleep in a central location at a reasonable rate then this is your best bet!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank HappyFeet84
deceks7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2009

My daughter and I stayed for 7 days at the Hyde Park Radnor. We arrived early, before check-in time, but the room was ready and we were given the key. The location was outstanding, close to Paddington, Hyde Park, and a very nice pub, the Victoria right down the street. The free Wi-Fi was a great add as my daughter and I spent evenings catching up with friends in the States. Breakfast was good with many options and included in the charge. We had 2 twin beds, a little smaller than what were use to, but satisfactory. The beds were firm, a little more than I like, but I slept well. The street outside our window was very quiet. The neighborhood felt very safe.

The staff that I worked with were friendly; gave me suggestions where to find good meals at night, and discussed various topics with me. We called for one service issue, and has a response within 5 minutes. I actually asked if I could check out the night before as I had an early morning rush to Heathrow. This was a plus for me.

We stayed for 7 nights and I would definitely stay again. The staff did a good job of taking care of our needs. The location was perfect. The price was fair. We could have paid more and stayed at a "fancier" hotel, but this hotel is very nice and fit my requirements perfectly.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed too firm
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank deceks7