4,013 results
All reviewscitizen mmood lightingfree moviesborough marketrooms are smallcontrolled by a tabletroom controlshigh techlondon bridgefunky hotelhuge bedtate modernsouthwark tuberain showersouth banklounge arealoved this hotel
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked rooms here for myself, a colleague and a client as an alternative to a more chintzy chain hotel and was very pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. From the self check-in (with assistance if required) to self check-out, CitizenM was a very pleasant and comfortable place to stay. The open plan ground floor houses the central bar and dining areas along with a variety of formal and informal seating options all utilising wonderful, classic Vitra furniture. A minimalist courtyard allows natural light into the back of the space, although the weather precluded using it.

The rooms whilst small are very well thought out indeed. The bed fills the whole width of the room and sits below a large wall to wall window. The WC and shower are housed in a fantastic etched glass 'pod', complete with drench shower and top lighting. The sink sits outside the pod in a very nicely designed vanity unit. Lights, blinds, TV and pretty much everything else are managed via a small tablet docked on the bedside table - endless entertainment! Despite the size, I found the room incredibly comfortable.

Food options during the day were fairly limited but what there was, was beautifully presented in a self service, deli type shop adjacent to the bar. The breakfast was great and included a highly satisfactory traditional option.

Throughout our stay, members of staff were very helpful and pleasant - I can't really fault the place. My only slight reservation is the hotels location, which whilst ideal for Tate Modern is not exactly in the ideal spot to use as a base for the rest of the city, with tube stations being some distance away. Saying that, I would have no hesitation in staying again. I think the CitizenM brand is a fantastic idea which I hope will soon spread to a lot more cities in the UK.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice Design , Great location. Very friendly, efficient staff. The rooms were very clean and comfortable but small. Ideal central location...would definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying there again - best sleep I've had in London!

Room Tip: small room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

what a great place. really modern. all the room functions are controlled from a notepad. all movies are included. the staff was great. friendly good location, buses near by. and Underground was in walking distance. I would go back when I'm in London again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having always stayed at the Soho area on our previous visits to London, we decided to stay somewhere else this time and chose citizenM. The lobby quickly grabs one's attention. Lots of space for working, having a drink (huge glasses, btw, loved it!) or just meeting people. The rooms, although not big, like most places in London, are well planned and it works well. The hi-tech system is a nice touch - we did experience buffering/connection problems one day, but they were fixed after two attempts. Staff were always very responsive, friendly and helpful - which is a great asset to a hotel. The room where we stayed, however, was exposed to some construction noise from outside the hotel, so please make sure you check that this phase is over if you're a light sleeper. The area is nice as the Borough Market is just down the street (the hotel has a nice breakfast and we tried it one day - 13 pounds) but walking down the street and eating at the Market just makes much more sense to me! :D

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Having previously stayed in the Glasgow CitizenM I thought I knew what I was getting...but this was far better. The service was fantastic, very helpful and attentive. Instead of a remote to control the room we have a full size Samsung tablet, the room was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, good choice and tables cleaned quickly. The location was also great, 10 minute walk to Southwark tube station. The only thing I didn't like was the shower room/toilet 'walls' was just frosted glass and the sink was in the bedroom. Other than that it was a great stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013