4,009 results
All reviewscitizen mmood lightingfree moviesborough marketrooms are smallcontrolled by a tabletroom controlshigh techlondon bridgefunky hotelhuge bedtate modernsouthwark tuberain showersouth banklounge arealoved this hotel
Reviewed October 15, 2012

CitizenM offers great value and location. A foward thinking, creative and innovative hotel which has tapped into the needs of travellers- comfy bed, squishy pillows, big fluffy towels and tecno savvy-all at a reasonable price!

Room Tip: Any room is perfect
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

All of the staff was more than helpful. They held our bags before and after check out. Rooms are small but very efficient! There are plugs for different types of electronics, internet and computers available. Modern style and relaxed atmosphere. Drinks were a little expensive but so is London. Grocery store and cute restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just back from London and Paris. While in London we stayed at CitizenM. Location is excellent, a short walk from Blackfriars tube and rail stations, and just behind Tate Modern. Marks & Spencer food hall just across the street. Short walk to Borough Market. Rooms are compact but efficient. Not a problem if you stay organized. Traveler's photos are accurate. The bed is large and comfortable, but as there is no side access it can be awkward for older folks. The tablet which controls the blinds, lighting, tv, alarms, etc. is easy and fun to use. Wake-up alarm through flat panel screen is novel, with a variety of alerts including a woman's sultry voice counting back from 70. Our room was street facing on the 3rd floor. No problem with street noise. Heavy footed people above us could be heard (nothing to do with the hotel). Lounge, bar were busy. Didn't have breakfast, but looked delicous and was good value. Helpful and friendly staff at all times. We certainly plan to return to CitizenM during our next trip to London.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

As one reviewer has pointed out, you will either love or hate the rooms in this hotel. For me it was hate at first sight! I wish I had checked the hotel's website BEFORE booking.

The experience rather reminded me of a cross between a Japanese business and/or "love" hotel. Nasty gaudy plastic sub-Ikea furnishings in a room the size of a man's hat, half of which was occupied by the biggest bed I've ever seen; it literally takes up half the room. Cold and clinical, not even a rug on the floor. Mercifully I got a good deal, 3 nights for 330 GBP - but I won't be repeating the experience.

PROS - giant bed, actually very comfortable. Quiet, so I got a good night's sleep. Free WiFi, good selection of movies all included in the price.

CONS - Sterile plastic microscopic room. I really didn't see the point of the tablet and all the hi-tech bells and whistles.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
16  Thank Go686
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Really loved the interior design of the hotel. Staff were very helpful with the check-in. The bed was huge and comfortable. Very handy location for our trip to the Globe theatre and our return home from Waterloo the next day. The only thing I would change would be to have a normal light switch available for the bathroom.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple