“Totally amazing!!”

Ranked #89 of 1,090 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Totally amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband booked us into this hotel for 2 nights from Monday, for our 1st wedding anniversary. As soon as you walk in you are totally mesmerized by the decor. Totally funky yet very relaxing! The rooms are pod like and a bit of a shock, however with the mood lighting, SUPER comfy bed and tablet controls the size of the room doesn't matter!

The decor is amazing, particularly the lite pictures at the end of the corridors. I even asked the staff whether you can buy these as pictures but unfortunately they are commissioned pieces. They would have looked great in my room or hallway!!

As this was for our anniversary one of the members of staff gave us 4 free cocktail vouchers, which was a lovely little touch.

Location was great as we went to the o2, Westfield in Stratford and Shaftsbury Theatre, which were all only a short train journey.

Breakfast was good, with a selection of cooked or pastry breakfasts.

All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel. Have even looked at Amsterdam and can't wait until NYC opens in 2013/2014 as I would love to go there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Really love the quirky design of the hotel and the living areas are really comfortable, modern and relaxing. The staff were really friendly on the whole.

The bedroom was a little on the small side and I did not like the bathroom section being so close to the bed, at all. Very little privacy so you need to be very comfortable with whoever you are staying with. However, it is worth being a bit cramped for a night to experience the rest of the hotel.

Unfortunately there were a few aspects that let it down.

1) I had an awful Mojito. I have had many in my time and it was really bad, very bitter. We told the barman and he was very ungracious and defensive and said he followed the recipe. I had a replacement drink but he made me feel really bad for my feedback and the situation in general. I was quite shocked at his reaction. Disappointing as he has been lovely and chatty earlier on.

2) The tablet broke and we were unable to turn off the lights so had to try to sleep in red light all night. Reception came to have a look but were unable to fix it.

In conclusion, I love the hotel, love the concept, love most of the design, just a shame about the little negative points. Would not stop me staying there and recommending the place tho.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel was lovely but did have some "budget" elements, for example no bathrobe or toothpaste / toothbrush, additional mini bits and bobs beyond shower gel. The staff were really friendly, the breakfast was great and the wine list was exceptional. All around it was a great experience but I could not in all honesty give it full stars compared to "luxury hotels" I have stayed at in the past. Also, the bed was the most comfortable I had ever stayed in!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SophiaBates
citizenDiego, at citizenM London Bankside, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hi "SophiaBates",

Thank you so much for sharing your citizenM experience with fellow travellers on Trip Advisor.

I'm happy you enjoyed our comfy XL bed and found the Ambassadors friendly, they were hired based on their genuine ability to smile and passion to serve.

Here at citizenM, we offer luxury where it counts, reason you won't find a chocolate on the pillow or a bathrobe but instead, free Wi-Fi, free movies on demand, a tablet moodpad to control everything in the room but also browse the web.

We believe we shouldn’t waste amenities if they are not used by all so if you do forget your toothpaste or toothbrush, our Ambassadors will be more than happy in giving to you. Little bottles of amenities were replaced by luxurious shower gels in every room, citizenAM and citizenPM were especially developed by a famous nose, who happens to also be responsible for creations of Comme des Garçons and Viktor & Rolf fragrances.

Wish you safe travels and hope to welcome you back soon.

All the best,
citizenDiego
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Check in was at a computer terminal, fairly quick & easy, and a friendly member of staff was present-a good job if you aren't as techno literate as my beau. Lobby is v. v. cool, always a few cool looking characters lounging about on the designer chairs. The staff are obviously just bedding in, so any little niggles I had with the service will probably get ironed out as they find their feet.
The rooms are great, and thechnology plays a big part here too, as the lights, a/c, tv, curtains are all controlled using a tablet. Pretty easy to pick up but we could imagine some people being baffled. Rooms are pod-like, with a reallllllly comfy bed taking up the
entire window end of the room. This means the rooms are very compact, but we never felt squashed. There was a proper hairdryer in the room but no tea or coffee making facilities.
The hotel is quite well placed on the south bank, about 10 mins on foot from both Southwark and London Bridge.

Room Tip: Go for city rather than garden view. Not too much noise from the street, and it's just more inte...
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I must say that I was extremely impressed with this hotel, it's location, and furthermore it's staff. The location is very close to all the great sites at Wesminster, as well as a nice walk over the London Bridge, and was conveniently located close to the underground. The hotel, as it is brand new, was well kept, very nice and modest, and the hotel staff was extremely friendly and willing to accomodate any of my needs as far as questions about the city, restaurants, and POIs. The price was very reasonable and overall was a great hotel and trip. The rooms featured tablets that control the tv's, and lighting (which was awesome) and was great for researching the city throught it's free wifi. Overall, def. recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I, in our sixties, spent 6 nights at Citizen M, and had a very positive experience. When I booked the hotel, my main concern was that we , as older guests, would feel out of place. Absolutely not so! The staff was wonderful, cheerful, enthusiastic, and helpful. One employee, TJ even insisted on making me several cups of lemon and honey tea because I had a bad cough. When we first saw our room my husband was complaining that it was much too small and cramped, but, after one day he felt totally comfortable. The only less than five star aspect is the low water pressure in the shower, otherwise, the bed, the lobby , the ease of everything had us totally sold.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you've stayed at Citizen M Amsterdam, you know what's coming.
Clean, organised, querky, new, functional, affordable.
Liked the layout of the bathroom/shower facilities in this one.
the iPAD for room and TV controls really neat.
Equidistant between Southwark and London Bridge Underground stations.
Good staff and food.
We'll stay there on future visits for sure.

Room Tip: you don't go there for the view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family