“Premier Inn Review”

Ranked #192 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

8/2/13 arrived on Friday eve, very welcoming and friendly, booked eve. meal, staff lovely, food good. 2 adults/2 kids stayed for daughters 15th b'day, staff gave her a card and mini cake, all lovely. Had a very happy stay ended staying an extra night. The whole package was brilliant had great time.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 6th floor, quiet but warm didnt put us off tho.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kreb6268

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here a few times since it opened last year. Staff are attentative and friendly. Rooms are snug and clean. Food is of a better standard to your average Travelodge. However, the bar area is quite small for the size of hotel and avoid the restaurant if it is more than half full. You will be in for a long wait!!! It is obvious that the restaurant and the kitchen is understaffed with only 1 member of staff in the restaurant, 1 chef in the kitchen and 1 in the bar area. Occasionally you may get 2 members of staff in the restaurant but it seems to be a but hit and miss.

Management please take note and double these numbers up as your staff struggle to cope even when the bar and restaurant are only half full. It is very noticeable. The poor staff can be rushed off their feet which does no-one any favours. Another tip, avoid ordering food from the bar area if the restaurant is busy as the food orders from the restaurant take priority over those orders from the bar. I waited over and hour between my starter and my main on one occasion when I ordered from the bar area. It took almost 2 hours from ordering to finishing a 2 course meal..!! simply ridiculous.

Also, some of the starters are not good value for money. The soup portions can be a bit on the mean side and the bowls are often only half full. The hot-smoked salmon nicoise is a tiny portion thrown onto the plate (blink, and you might miss the bits of salmon) The prawn cocktail is also lacking much of its main ingredient.....prawns.....you get a few if your lucky..!! However, the mains I have had are much more substantial and good value, as are the deserts.

There is now a new manager in place so if you look over these reviews, please sort these problems out. There are plenty of places to eat in Ealing so it is important you up your game in the restaurant and bar area.

All in all, good value for money but room for improvement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank d b
Lancaster, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed for one night Sunday 3 Feb 2013, and I found it excellent value for money. The food served was very good anf the staff were friendly and helpfull, The rooms were lovely and relaxing and very clean, many thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 0wensyd
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Ealing Premier Inn for 2 nights as we were going to a concert in nearby Shepherds Bush and seeing our Son who works in Ealing. As always the accomodation was brilliant clean, comfortable and reliable. Breakfast was superb on the 2 mornings. (poached egg perfection) But what made this premier inn special was the service especially Avon on reception and in the Bar and Kerry in the dining room they are a credit to the company. Hotel is perfectly situated for travel in to central London and we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: we were in room 610 nice and quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avalon1959
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Premier Inn hotel group has one exceptional feature which makes it unbeatable if comparing it to other hotels in its class. If you are not happy with the hotel and particularly a good nights sleep - they refund you the money you have paid for your room!

I was on a low budget job in the area and I chose this Premier In because it was bang outside the exit from Hanger Lane Underground Station exit number 3. It is easily reached by car too and they have a car park attached to the hotel.

I arrived into the reception area having pre booked and three huge automated machines greeted me with huge out of order notices displayed on the screens. the place was empty, nobody on reception, nobody in the bar, nobody in the restaurant and I thought HA! I will get a free night. Then Hetal appeared out of a door marked private and changed everything. She apologised profusely and said she had a lovely warm quiet room for me on the top floor. Check in was swift and in no time I was in my room. Another redeeming feature of Premier Inn is that they have very comfortable beds. ALthough they have a choice of pillow I am afraid they do not come close to comfort for me, but then neither does some 5 star hotels I stay in. One day pillow purchasers in these hotels will wake up (sorry for the pun) and buy decent pillows!

I was collected for a meeting almost as soon as I had dumped my bag and did not return until late. The room was warm (it was freezing outside), the shower hot and the water had a great pressure, the bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. Up at 6 for a conference I was running so again fast track in the bathroom, tea and out.

A perfect choice if you need to be in the West London Ealing area, right outside exit 3 of Hanger Lane Underground station on the central line. The restaurant in the hotel looked nice although I did not use it. Needless to say I did not complain, I paid £58 - a GREAT price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelBloke
chichester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for just one evening. Parking (£6) is very handy and secure. The hotel is relatively new so the rooms and public spaces are still in very good condition.
Staff at reception were very pleasant and welcoming. The room was comfortable, very clean and the bathroom was the same. Lots of tea and coffee supplies in the room. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel restaurant or bar but they looked clean and welcoming, although the lack of natural light might not be everyone's cup of tea.
The bed was very comfortable but my only gripe -- which would have been beyond the hotel's control --was that we were woken at 8.45am (Sunday morning) by what sounded like 100 kids running around in the room above us. A bit of a pain as the night away was our chance to have a lie-in (our kids were at home with Grandma!) You can't win them all I suppose.
All in all a good hotel with easy access to central London. Definitely preferable to more expensive and more central budget places which can be really grotty. We will use it again.

Room Tip: We were in 206 and apart from the jumping kids, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo B
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel this week. We chose it for the early flight at Heathrow, which is only 20 mins away by the Heathrow Connect. It takes less than 10 mins to walk from the railway/tube station to the hotel. The hotel room is very comfy and clean. There is even an extra sofa in our room. However, I lost my chargers (laptop and mobile phone) which I left on the desk when we went out on the second day. The man at the front desk said he would ring me after contacting his colleague but he didn't. When we checked out, what he could say is sorry. I then wrote two pieces of feedback via premier inn's website, and have not received a word. As I have to purchase the new chargers, I end up spending doubled price of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple