“Poor Service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Woeful service on Saturday night. Over four hours to complete our sitting. Waiters who could only clear one plate at a time, half the table served before a five minute wait for the rest of the food, and then one meal forgotten about (party of 12). Then, head waiter had nerve to say we underpaid (we hadn't). Small plus was the food, which on the whole was tasty and well cooked. However, some meals seemed to have sat in the kitchen, though, and were only mildly warm (mains) or melted (deserts), which given the chaotic service, wasn't that surprising. Very disappointing and can't recommend based on this visit.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was a wonderful dining experience, great starters (except the crab) superb fish for main course and lovely dessert and a magnificinet cheese board.
Everyone was very helpful and friendly - great food great service and a loveley setting.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very surprised by the good reviews.

The food was ok but not good enough to justify the prices (in my opinion). The restaurant was very busy and the service was very poor as the staff didn't seem to be able to cope. The waitress seemed pleasant enough at first but the service soon became sub-standard as she rushed around trying to serve everyone (she did not succeed as we had to wait 30 minutes to order and 45 minutes to pay the bill).

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I don't often have lunch but when I do I go Italian. Sette in Sydney Street cooked one of the best lunches I have had in a long while. Nothing too elaborate but very well cooked food with excellent flavours (I had the liver -stunning) Staff attentive and friendly. Didn't pay the bill but it all looked very reasonable for such high quality food. Can thoroughly recommend

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I tried this restaurant with my girlfriend, knowing that the price were quite high so that aspect was not in doubt.
I have to say that the quality of the food is excellent and the staff very warm and welcoming.
The only down side of the dinner for me was the portion. Tha starter was ok (as it's a starter and I'm not expecting to be full at the end of it) but Pasta came in a big plate, in a tiny amount:
after 5 forks, my meal was over.
The final price was in line with the quality of the food and the location, but as I said to the waiter "Guys you need to do something for the portions, because I'm still staving".

Maybe ask the size of your dish before your ordering!