“A Welcome Return of London's Finest!”

Goddards at Greenwich
Ranked #292 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Description: Goddards at Greenwich serves London's most traditional meal of pie mash and liquor. This meal can be traced back through the 1800's and is an important part of London's food history. We are open everyday serving handmade pies which are baked throughout the day. We are a family run business that has been serving pie and mash since 1890. Our air conditioned licensed restaurant can seat 100 people and we also offer desserts and cold drinks. We look forward to serving you London's most famous dish!
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“A Welcome Return of London's Finest!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were absolutely delighted on a freezing cold day to find that Goddards had reopened in Greewich after 6 years...Same delicious selection of pies, smooth mash, proper gravy and real liquor, all served piping hot and with a smile. Traditional chillie vinegar on the tables too. It was busy, with everybody willingly sharing their benches and tables with other customers. Bottled beers and lagers are available as well as generous mugs of hot drinks, and the the well-behaved little boy and his dad on our bench were eating fruit pies with real custard, so there's something for everyone and certainly at a price to suit all pockets!
The food at every other traditional pie & mash shop I've tried (and there aren't that many left in London) I've found to be very poor quality and quite disgusting, but Goddards is something else! WIll certainly eat there again, even in hot weather (if we get any).....

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Berkshire
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped here for dinner when wandering around Greenwich and absolutely loved it. The food is really tastey and really well priced - under a fiver each for pie, mash and liquor. As a veggie I wasn't sure what choice I'd have but there were several things for me to choose from. In fact, my veggie pie had to be specially cooked which the staff did nice and quickly. I was also really impressed that the liquor and the gravy were veggie too! There's lots of seating and the atmosphere is very chilled out. Next time I'm in this bit of town I'll be coming back. Great food at an amazing price (especially for London!).

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank BerkshireMash
london
“Took me back to my childhood”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

when I was a child we had pie mash and liquor fairly often but I have not been able to find anywhere that could produce the same taste. We visisted Goddards this weekend and they did it. The pies are just as I remember them and with the mash a liquor made a very enjoyable luch for very little cost just £3.60 each. My husband had a bottle of London Pride and I had a cup of tea and the whole meal came to £10.60. We both ate every scrap and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now thats what I call value for money. The taste is authentic london food for any visitors fronm abroad and you can even get stewd or jellied ee.ls is you want and £3.00 per portion. Will certainly visit again. The place it very authentic all green and white tiles and the staff were very friendly. They even have veggie pies but to me authentic you should have the minced meat pies mash and liquor with perhaps a side of stewed eels splashed with vinegar just the way my dad liked it. We have eaten at many places nad paid a great deal more but rarely enjoyed our food so much. you need to go to the counter and order your food and then take it to a table and its not fine dining .but it is a real tast of old London dining

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank farmgirlLondon
London
“Simple and good”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great eatery with simple honest and when cold warming food.

Good selection of pies with nice smooth mash. Looks small from the outside but plenty of room on the inside with additional seating upstairs.

Don't be shy to share your table when busy. Most tables are long benches with church type pews.

A great little find with friendly staff too.

“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Goddards last week, very impressed by the cleanliness of this fairly new establishment. Food was fantastic, price was reasonable. The staff however were miserable and not at all welcoming, didn't even speak while serving or taking my money.