“Taking London burgers to new heights”
Review of Byron

Byron
Ranked #1,073 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Part of a chain (incl. Pizza Express I think) that is taking burgers to new heights. Lovely fresh burgers, cooked pink and nice and fresh. Lively staff and a great quick/comfort meal. Well recommended.

PS> Like the interiors too. No two Byron's are the same!

There are newer reviews for Byron

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We (4 over 5os, 2 teens) had burgers at Central St. Giles and they were really, really excellent! We liked that the burgers came with whatever extras you wanted. This was extra, of course, but the avacado and bacon on mine made it great. The fries were tasty. People who ordered beer or ale were satisfied with theirs. I loved the lemonade. The waiter couldn't have been nicer to us during the evening. Desserl looked great and had I not been so full, I'd have tried one of the ice cream sundaes. I was also anxious to try a milkshake, but will have to wait until the next trip.
The next evening, the teens, with other teens, went to the Byrons on The Cut and mentioned that those burgers were decent, but not as good as the previous night's. One thought hers was terrible. Go figure. They did think the waitstaff was nice.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I can't get too excited about burgers but if you need a quick bite, these are the best in town. The chain seems to growing quite fast and the one in Covent Garden is worth a try if you are in the area. Service is always good and there's no terrible smell of cheap fat that you get in certain other burger joints...

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this place. I'm not a burger fan, but I make an exception for Byron. Lovely service, great, great food and good value.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Anyone who knows me or my waistline will tell you the I have eaten a few burgers in my time, mainly outside of the UK, but I have yet to find a really great place closer to home. Why I have never been here before I do not know. It is brilliant. Not cheap, but brilliant.
I tried the Byron burger which looked great and tasted better. It was cooked perfectly (medium rare), and needed neither further seasoning nor the accompanying side orders to break up the experience.
Courgette fries, brilliant onion rings and a good dollop of coleslaw did well to follow, washed down by a couple of bottles of dead pony club Californian ale. Not usually a fan of bottled, gassy, American beer this I could drink more of.
Service was fussy but pleasurable.
My only slight frustration was the price - nearly £30 before service. I know I didn't hold back on the order (mind you, the proper olives were fab and over half the price and twice the portion to an identical starter ordered at Jamie's last week) but out of London this would be nearly £10 less.
Would I return, though? Absolutely. I'm booked in for tomorrow. Now, where's the cashpoint?