“Amazing food and fantastic value”
Review of Autograf

Reserve with OpenTable
Autograf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,460 of 24,109 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Autograf" was established in 2008 especially for customers who appreciate both, the home-cooked Polish food and good atmosphere! We serve specialty dishes of Polish cuisine which are prepared according to traditional recipes. We specialize in pierogi’s, using the best ingredients and traditional techniques, resulting in best Polish dumplings possible. Our bar stocks a great selection of flavoured vodkas, Polish spirits and bottled beers. We serve not only alcohol from Poland but also wines and draft beer Pilsner-Urquell. Our place provides a setting for many occasions such as business lunch, intimate dinner, evening out with friends as well as after work meal.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastically cheap, deliciously heart warming food. Casual friendly atmosphere that belies the quality and huge portion size of the food.

Polish food is devine!

Had two courses and a beer for less than £10 and couldn't eat it all despite it being delicious.

Can't wait to come back!

1  Thank Kiwi_Ant

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food is absolutely delicious - especially Flaczki (Tripe soup), Pierogi (dumplings) and Schobowy (pork fillet).
The portions are huge - I love eating but barely managed to finish it all :-)
The staff is very very friendly, professional and helpful.

I went to Autograf with some non-Polish friends and the loved it!

Well done!!! I have already recommended it to half a dozen of people.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

It was a first visit to a polish restaurant in London and it was a nice experience. We ordered zurek soup and pierogi dumplings as starts and they were very tasty. By the time main course arrived (crunchy potato wedges with goulash and cutlet devolay stuffed with cheese) we had few bites and asked to take away because the starters were quite filling! So I recommend to chose how many dishes wisely. We also had a shot of flavoured vodka to embrace the polish spirit. Overall it was a nice experience, even when the bill arrived.

1  Thank Alexandra L
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've been a few times to this place as it's local and I like Polish food. The food is neither fussy or fancy, and this is reflected in the prices, which are incredibly reasonable. I would actually say it has more of the feel of a canteen so if you manage expectations accordingly before a visit, you will enjoy it more.

The food is similarly unpretentious and all very tasty. The stuffed cabbage and the dumplings are two favourites. I also like the borscht a lot -- it is of the consommé variety and absolutely delicious (I've read a couple of reviews on here that have complained about the borscht because it didn't match their obviously very limited understanding of how it can vary from region to region).

The draft beer is also very good and very reasonably priced... a refreshing alternative to the usual massively overpriced 33cl bottles that are gone in two sips.

Gripes (minor):

The huge TV screens showing bump and grind pop videos on loop with the sound down are intrusive and can also be embarrassing. I'm not a massive prude but they would make me think twice about bringing e.g. my in laws to the place.

On a couple of occasions, I've been served food that hasn't been warmed through properly. I asked for this to be rectified and they did so happily, but such a basic mistake is a bit sloppy.

Bit of a pain they don't take card payment.

I don't want to end on a negative, so just to reiterate:

Friendly. Really good value. Really nice food and lots of it!

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Great value for money. Massive portions, excellent food especially chicken soup on Sundays. I have not been to a restaurant as always book take away so cannot comment on the decor.