“The most beautiful bar in the world!”

The Rivoli Bar at The Ritz Hotel London
Ranked #470 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Every grand hotel needs a spectacular bar. The Rivoli Bar is one of the best, reborn in glorious art deco style. A symphony of camphor wood, satinwood, alabaster, gold leaf and Lalique glass, the atmosphere here changes throughout the day. Intimate yet comfortable, The Rivoli Bar is a dramatic and beautiful contrast to The Ritz house style and a genuine revelation. Enjoy a light lunch or supper and experience the delicious cocktails or the Champagne of the month. Monday to Saturday 11:30am - 12midnight Sunday 12:00pm - 10:00pm The dress code of The Ritz reflects the ambience and style of the different areas of the hotel. In The Ritz Restaurant and The Palm Court, gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie, with the exception of breakfast; jeans and sportswear are not permitted. Smart casual attire is requested for The Rivoli Bar and The Long Gallery. Please note that sports shoes are not permitted in The Ritz Restaurant, The Rivoli Bar or The Palm Court at any time.
Marina del Rey, California
“The most beautiful bar in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This exquisite jewel box of a bar is always a must stop for me when I visit London. This trip was especially memorable. They have really upped their cocktail game and now rival the best in NYC, SF and LA. Valentino was wonderful and mixed an amazing Duke of Wellington. This is one of the few bars I can enter in London as a single woman and feel completely comfortable and taken care of.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“cocktail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

had to have a cocktail as part of the experience but otherwise would not go in for an "ordinary" drink .....£6.50 for a coke as an example .....

Visited May 2013
S Wales
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife & I called in for a drink whilst out walking & had a fantastic time. We were welcomed & taken into the bar & showed to our table. We ordered a bottle of Ritz champagne which was served at a perfect temperature & was of good quality.

The surroundings are just amazing & the service just what you would expect from a one of the best hotels in London.

We were served some very nice "nibbles" as well which was a nice touch.

We enjoyed ourselves so much we have booked to take my Mother there for afternoon tea in July!

Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Quick glass of Champagne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a very quick but exciting visit with work friends. We just popped in to The Ritz for a glass of Champagne and it was of course great, I can't wait to go back!

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Up to date truth about the Ritz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whilst I didn't eat at The Ritz I felt I should write a review to help update people with rules and regulations. I booked some family members (Girlfriends parents) for Tea at the Ritz (which I recommend booking early as it does get very busy) I decided my girlfriend and I could wait in the bar while they had Tea I was worried thought as I didn't have a jacket and tie with me and was assuming I would not be allowed anywhere. I felt this way mainly from reading the reviews on line of people being upset they were asked to leave,Put jackets on etc.

Well I decided to go anyway dressed smart but without jacket and tie. What I think some people need to realize is this is the Ritz a world famous high class hotel steeped in history and tradition it demands a certain clientele and has earnt the right to be this way.

when we arrived I was greeted inside and I explained We had a booking for afternoon Tea. The man was very nice and offered to lend me a jacket I explained I wasn't eating but my girlfriends parents are but would like some drinks in the bar if that was OK? He replied very friendly and accommodating even joking that they should save us some food. At this point i would like to say The jacket and Tie rule is for the main eating areas whether it be for Tea, lunch or dinner and to be honest if you are wearing anything but this you will not enjoy the occasion as much. The hotel is Grand Beautiful and I had goose bumps walking around it.

My girlfriends parents adored every moment of their Afternoon Tea it truly was an experience they were treated perfectly and with the quality of food and service and piano playing it created a memorable atmosphere.

For my Girlfriend and I we enjoyed our time at The Ritz too even if it was just a few glasses of Champagne. We were sat in the Rivoli bar ( A place I think has had some criticism in the past) I must say it was a lovely experience the bar staff were fantastic they were chatty and fun and treated us very well. The cocktail selection was fantastic and the barmen all very skilled.

In my few hours at the Ritz I was made to feel like a valid guest and customer. I would love to experience staying at the Ritz but this is well out of my price range but it doesn't mean you cant go and enjoy this wonderful place. book Tea have a drink in the bar or have dinner if you can it is truly worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013